Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Nigel Farage's Cudham local has started serving 'UKIP pie'
Some may be sick of the sight of UKIP, with the controversial right-wing party dominating headlines due to last week's success in the local and European elections.
Others, however, may have embraced the party so much they want to eat a meal inspired by its pro-British, anti-immigration policies.
If you are part of the latter group, you're in luck.
Nigel Farage's local the Blacksmith's Arms, Cudham Lane South, announced today a UKIP-inspired pie to "celebrate the rise in popularity of UKIP".
The pub said on its Facebook page: "Marie Antoinette said 'Let them eat cake', Nigel Farage says 'Let them eat British beef and ale pie'.
"It is served with mashed potato and cabbage (definitely no Brussels sprouts; they lead to hot air), all washed down with a pint of traditional English ale."
Nigel Farage at his local pub the Blacksmith's Arms in Cudham
The post continued: "This is truly a Great British meat pie, created by the chefs at the Blacksmith’s Arms to celebrate the rise in popularity of UKIP.
"Remember, every pub is a parliament."
The pub added the pie is made with the following ingredients:
- UK beef
- Leeks from Wales
- Potatoes from Ireland
- English ale
- Kent carrots
- Turnips (neeps) from Scotland
- Smoked bacon
- Suet pastry
It said the turnips from Scotland are "optional if they leave the union", while the smoked bacon is "optional according to religious beliefs".
- UPDATE: Neighbours describe horrific moments after 6-year-old boy killed by car in Thamesmead
- VIDEO: Keston boxing champion David Haye presents the weather - for dogs
- Eltham man stabbed Sidcup brother Sean Hayes to death after sibling's funeral
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
Comments are closed on this article.