Nigel Farage's Cudham local has started serving 'UKIP pie'

The UKIP pie in all its glory

The UKIP pie in all its glory

First published in News
Last updated
News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , deputy news editor

Some may be sick of the sight of UKIP, with the controversial right-wing party dominating headlines due to last week's success in the local and European elections.

Others, however, may have embraced the party so much they want to eat a meal inspired by its pro-British, anti-immigration policies.

If you are part of the latter group, you're in luck.

Nigel Farage's local the Blacksmith's Arms, Cudham Lane South, announced today a UKIP-inspired pie to "celebrate the rise in popularity of UKIP".

The pub said on its Facebook page: "Marie Antoinette said 'Let them eat cake', Nigel Farage says 'Let them eat British beef and ale pie'.

"It is served with mashed potato and cabbage (definitely no Brussels sprouts; they lead to hot air), all washed down with a pint of traditional English ale."

News Shopper:

Nigel Farage at his local pub the Blacksmith's Arms in Cudham

The post continued: "This is truly a Great British meat pie, created by the chefs at the Blacksmith’s Arms to celebrate the rise in popularity of UKIP.

"Remember, every pub is a parliament."

The pub added the pie is made with the following ingredients:

  • UK beef
  • Leeks from Wales
  • Potatoes from Ireland
  • English ale
  • Kent carrots
  • Turnips (neeps) from Scotland
  • Smoked bacon 
  • Suet pastry

It said the turnips from Scotland are "optional if they leave the union", while the smoked bacon is "optional according to religious beliefs".

Comments (10)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:02pm Wed 28 May 14

Mike Honcho says...

UKIP = pie in the sky.
UKIP = pie in the sky. Mike Honcho
  • Score: -27

4:34pm Wed 28 May 14

bnorther says...

HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands.
Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.
HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands. Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company. bnorther
  • Score: -9

5:06pm Wed 28 May 14

right-writes says...

bnorther wrote:
HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands.
Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.
And your point?

I know what your point is... And it is a bit juvenile isn't it.

It is the EU that is an inward looking construct... It is a customs union, which seeks to block out the world outside. So far this is working well with a massively reduced presence in the world, since Maastricht.

UKIP is about breaking down that wall and looking around for opportunities to trade... Not that our trade deficit with the rest of the EU member states would diminish after we leave. They wouldn't dare.

But the fact remains that as with most countries, most UK business is contracted entirely within its borders. Our employers and employees are being subjected to a barrage of edicts from on high, most of which only have any relevance or cost effectiveness if you are running a multinational corporation, to most businesses and workers, they are an unnecessary burden.

The list of reasons why you don't have to be any of the things that people are accused of being just because you vote for a particular party, goes on and on.........
[quote][p][bold]bnorther[/bold] wrote: HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands. Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.[/p][/quote]And your point? I know what your point is... And it is a bit juvenile isn't it. It is the EU that is an inward looking construct... It is a customs union, which seeks to block out the world outside. So far this is working well with a massively reduced presence in the world, since Maastricht. UKIP is about breaking down that wall and looking around for opportunities to trade... Not that our trade deficit with the rest of the EU member states would diminish after we leave. They wouldn't dare. But the fact remains that as with most countries, most UK business is contracted entirely within its borders. Our employers and employees are being subjected to a barrage of edicts from on high, most of which only have any relevance or cost effectiveness if you are running a multinational corporation, to most businesses and workers, they are an unnecessary burden. The list of reasons why you don't have to be any of the things that people are accused of being just because you vote for a particular party, goes on and on......... right-writes
  • Score: -12

7:43pm Wed 28 May 14

Gypo.Joe says...

" Potatoes from Ireland "

But I want indigenous taters.


THaNK YoU
" Potatoes from Ireland " But I want indigenous taters. THaNK YoU Gypo.Joe
  • Score: 30

11:42pm Wed 28 May 14

goldenbroomboy says...

right-writes wrote:
bnorther wrote: HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands. Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.
And your point? I know what your point is... And it is a bit juvenile isn't it. It is the EU that is an inward looking construct... It is a customs union, which seeks to block out the world outside. So far this is working well with a massively reduced presence in the world, since Maastricht. UKIP is about breaking down that wall and looking around for opportunities to trade... Not that our trade deficit with the rest of the EU member states would diminish after we leave. They wouldn't dare. But the fact remains that as with most countries, most UK business is contracted entirely within its borders. Our employers and employees are being subjected to a barrage of edicts from on high, most of which only have any relevance or cost effectiveness if you are running a multinational corporation, to most businesses and workers, they are an unnecessary burden. The list of reasons why you don't have to be any of the things that people are accused of being just because you vote for a particular party, goes on and on.........
Yeah yeah yeah.

So when are Nige & Ukip going to start a campaign on a local issue & press for a referendum on Cudham, Downe, Orpington , & Biggin Hill being able to secede from Bromley Borough & forming once again an Orpington Borough? Or a campaign for Bromley Borough to be able to secede from Greater London & not have to pay for a tube service whose nearest station is miles away?

No more about the EU, something which affects us locally please. I presume Ukip does have some policies on local issues? What are they?
[quote][p][bold]right-writes[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bnorther[/bold] wrote: HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands. Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.[/p][/quote]And your point? I know what your point is... And it is a bit juvenile isn't it. It is the EU that is an inward looking construct... It is a customs union, which seeks to block out the world outside. So far this is working well with a massively reduced presence in the world, since Maastricht. UKIP is about breaking down that wall and looking around for opportunities to trade... Not that our trade deficit with the rest of the EU member states would diminish after we leave. They wouldn't dare. But the fact remains that as with most countries, most UK business is contracted entirely within its borders. Our employers and employees are being subjected to a barrage of edicts from on high, most of which only have any relevance or cost effectiveness if you are running a multinational corporation, to most businesses and workers, they are an unnecessary burden. The list of reasons why you don't have to be any of the things that people are accused of being just because you vote for a particular party, goes on and on.........[/p][/quote]Yeah yeah yeah. So when are Nige & Ukip going to start a campaign on a local issue & press for a referendum on Cudham, Downe, Orpington , & Biggin Hill being able to secede from Bromley Borough & forming once again an Orpington Borough? Or a campaign for Bromley Borough to be able to secede from Greater London & not have to pay for a tube service whose nearest station is miles away? No more about the EU, something which affects us locally please. I presume Ukip does have some policies on local issues? What are they? goldenbroomboy
  • Score: -8

7:34am Thu 29 May 14

right-writes says...

That's your job...

If you think that you have enough support for such a strategy, with a UKIP government, you could raise a petition, which could trigger a local referendum (triggered by number of votes on the petition), and if you win, it is binding.
That's your job... If you think that you have enough support for such a strategy, with a UKIP government, you could raise a petition, which could trigger a local referendum (triggered by number of votes on the petition), and if you win, it is binding. right-writes
  • Score: -5

8:30am Thu 29 May 14

chipps1 says...

bnorther wrote:
HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands.
Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.
The Blacksmiths Arms said up yours x
[quote][p][bold]bnorther[/bold] wrote: HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands. Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.[/p][/quote]The Blacksmiths Arms said up yours x chipps1
  • Score: -3

9:22am Thu 29 May 14

bnorther says...

right-writes wrote:
bnorther wrote:
HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands.
Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.
And your point?

I know what your point is... And it is a bit juvenile isn't it.

It is the EU that is an inward looking construct... It is a customs union, which seeks to block out the world outside. So far this is working well with a massively reduced presence in the world, since Maastricht.

UKIP is about breaking down that wall and looking around for opportunities to trade... Not that our trade deficit with the rest of the EU member states would diminish after we leave. They wouldn't dare.

But the fact remains that as with most countries, most UK business is contracted entirely within its borders. Our employers and employees are being subjected to a barrage of edicts from on high, most of which only have any relevance or cost effectiveness if you are running a multinational corporation, to most businesses and workers, they are an unnecessary burden.

The list of reasons why you don't have to be any of the things that people are accused of being just because you vote for a particular party, goes on and on.........
How is it juvenile? Just because its an opinion that does not agree with yours?

I can accept other people's opinion even if I don't agree with them. Can you?
[quote][p][bold]right-writes[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bnorther[/bold] wrote: HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands. Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.[/p][/quote]And your point? I know what your point is... And it is a bit juvenile isn't it. It is the EU that is an inward looking construct... It is a customs union, which seeks to block out the world outside. So far this is working well with a massively reduced presence in the world, since Maastricht. UKIP is about breaking down that wall and looking around for opportunities to trade... Not that our trade deficit with the rest of the EU member states would diminish after we leave. They wouldn't dare. But the fact remains that as with most countries, most UK business is contracted entirely within its borders. Our employers and employees are being subjected to a barrage of edicts from on high, most of which only have any relevance or cost effectiveness if you are running a multinational corporation, to most businesses and workers, they are an unnecessary burden. The list of reasons why you don't have to be any of the things that people are accused of being just because you vote for a particular party, goes on and on.........[/p][/quote]How is it juvenile? Just because its an opinion that does not agree with yours? I can accept other people's opinion even if I don't agree with them. Can you? bnorther
  • Score: -2

10:45am Thu 29 May 14

Gypo.Joe says...

chipps1 wrote:
bnorther wrote:
HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands.
Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.
The Blacksmiths Arms said up yours x
If you are going to do that with my pie perhaps you would be kind enough to remove that crust for me.

THanK YoU
[quote][p][bold]chipps1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bnorther[/bold] wrote: HP Sauce - made by Heinz in the Netherlands. Colman's Mustard - Unilever a part Dutch Company.[/p][/quote]The Blacksmiths Arms said up yours x[/p][/quote]If you are going to do that with my pie perhaps you would be kind enough to remove that crust for me. THanK YoU Gypo.Joe
  • Score: 30

7:50am Fri 30 May 14

goldenbroomboy says...

right-writes wrote:
That's your job...

If you think that you have enough support for such a strategy, with a UKIP government, you could raise a petition, which could trigger a local referendum (triggered by number of votes on the petition), and if you win, it is binding.
So a Ukip government would make it up as they go along?

Running a country is not like playing in a jazz band.
[quote][p][bold]right-writes[/bold] wrote: That's your job... If you think that you have enough support for such a strategy, with a UKIP government, you could raise a petition, which could trigger a local referendum (triggered by number of votes on the petition), and if you win, it is binding.[/p][/quote]So a Ukip government would make it up as they go along? Running a country is not like playing in a jazz band. goldenbroomboy
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree