The News Shopper office has been inundated with letters, phone calls, and emails after Orpington’s favourite bachelor used traditional means to find love.
Half a dozen women have now got in touch hoping to meet the pensioner after we featured his intriguing ‘lonely hearts’ ad he placed in a local Post Office window.
John Hales, 69, a former decorator, included his photograph and short bio and made his romantic intentions very clear.
News Shopper can confirm a 65-year-old from Bromley Common has since met for coffee with the singleton but unfortunately things did not work out.
But more possible suitors from across the borough are hoping to meet Mr Hales, with one mentioning his “kind eyes” and another stating she is “happy to send a picture by text”.
Attracted ladies include a visiting Jamaican Jehovah’s Witness, a travel lover from Bromley, a lady from Beckenham, 64, and another who has very nice handwriting who sent in a letter to forward on.
Could one of these be the “special lady” Mr Hales says he is looking for? We shall soon see.
- Eltham man dies after 'single punch' attack in Blackheath
- Murder detectives investigating after man found dead in Eltham house
- Dartford woman dies in Darent Valley Hospital after misdiagnosis
- Bexleyheath eccentric wants to buy her house, called Norman, by winning reality tv show
- TV Licence change comes into effect next month: Everything you need to know