The News Shopper office has been inundated with letters, phone calls, and emails after Orpington’s favourite bachelor used traditional means to find love.
Half a dozen women have now got in touch hoping to meet the pensioner after we featured his intriguing ‘lonely hearts’ ad he placed in a local Post Office window.
John Hales, 69, a former decorator, included his photograph and short bio and made his romantic intentions very clear.
News Shopper can confirm a 65-year-old from Bromley Common has since met for coffee with the singleton but unfortunately things did not work out.
But more possible suitors from across the borough are hoping to meet Mr Hales, with one mentioning his “kind eyes” and another stating she is “happy to send a picture by text”.
Attracted ladies include a visiting Jamaican Jehovah’s Witness, a travel lover from Bromley, a lady from Beckenham, 64, and another who has very nice handwriting who sent in a letter to forward on.
Could one of these be the “special lady” Mr Hales says he is looking for? We shall soon see.
- TRAVEL WARNING: Traffic building in Eltham as drivers face queues at the Dartford Crossing
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- 'He's exceptional': Woolwich parents fork out £15k a year to launch eight-year-old son into superstardom
- WATCH: Police raid cannabis factory in Welling