A Thamesmead nursery school has unveiled its outdoor play area which boasts a mud pie kitchen.
MP for Erith and Thamesmead Teresa Pearce cut the ribbon to mark the official opening of Linton Mead Primary School’s outdoors nursery area on May 16.
A boat and sand pit are part of the new facilities in Central Way aiming to help children learn through outdoor play.
New waterproofs were also donated by friends and family for the class to play outside come sunshine or rain.
Nursery foundation coordinator Catherine Batt said: "We are confident the improvements in the outdoor area will make a significant contribution to the excellent progress that our children make - particularly in their personal, social and emotional development, as well as their physical abilities and communication skills - and that we will continue to see an improvement in outcomes.
"It has been really nice to see the whole school getting behind this project."
- Pedestrian involved in serious traffic collision on Lewisham Way
- 20 firefighters called out to deal with Catford blaze
- Man cut free from van after Gravesend crash
- Claims toxic waste was dumped and left in Green Street Green for nearly a week
- Stat Chat: What tops list of things we can't live without at Christmas?