Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: The Kent Spitfire crashes while landing in Biggin Hill Airport
The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- 6-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
- Tributes paid to former funeral manager Jane Dale from Gravesend
- Golf club grass fire in Orpington causes damage to land equivalent to two football pitches
Comments are closed on this article.