The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- Man rushed to hospital after stabbing in Eltham
- Metropolitan Police launches London-wide crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months
- 'You can see and sense the despair': Chislehurst family raising funds to feed thousands of refugees
- 15-hour inferno rips through two-storey warehouse in Dartford
- Electrical room gutted in fire at Catford Iceland