A Gravesend woman accidentally set her kitchen on fire after cleaning her oven this morning (May 23).
The Albion Road resident accidentally left the grill on whilst she was tending to her electric oven and food scraps caught alight.
Fortunately her fire alarm alerted her to what had happened and she rang 999 at 7.30am.
Thames-side watch manager Danny Turner said: "We sent two pumps to her home where fortunately, the fire was contained to the oven and surrounding area in her basement kitchen.
"This call-out shows how easily a fire can occur in the kitchen and how invaluable smoke alarms are as the damage to her home, and the potential for injury, could have been considerable if the alarm had not been raised so promptly."
The fire crews arrived at the scene within seven minutes.
The fire caused minor damage to the cooker and minor heat and smoke damage to the surrounding areas but was the incident was resolved within around 15 minutes.
- Woman 'attempted to snatch' young girl at Bluewater shopping centre
- Orpington angler lands 175lb catfish while holidaying in Spain
- 'Motorbike smash' closes Woolwich Road, Charlton
- Driver anger as introduction of new barrier-free Dartford Crossing is delayed
- 'My rapist witchcraft dad is the worst person in the world'