Oven clean leads to Gravesend kitchen blaze in Albion Road

News Shopper: Oven cleaning leads to Gravesend kitchen blaze Oven cleaning leads to Gravesend kitchen blaze

A Gravesend woman accidentally set her kitchen on fire after cleaning her oven this morning (May 23).

The Albion Road resident accidentally left the grill on whilst she was tending to her electric oven and food scraps caught alight.

Fortunately her fire alarm alerted her to what had happened and she rang 999 at 7.30am.

Thames-side watch manager Danny Turner said: "We sent two pumps to her home where fortunately, the fire was contained to the oven and surrounding area in her basement kitchen.

"This call-out shows how easily a fire can occur in the kitchen and how invaluable smoke alarms are as the damage to her home, and the potential for injury, could have been considerable if the alarm had not been raised so promptly."

The fire crews arrived at the scene within seven minutes.

The fire caused minor damage to the cooker and minor heat and smoke damage to the surrounding areas but was the incident was resolved within around 15 minutes.

Visit kent.fire-uk.org

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:36pm Fri 23 May 14

shabina says...

silly mare !!! lol
silly mare !!! lol shabina
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree