Following a police appeal relating to a sexual assault on a train in West Wickham a man has been arrested.
The incident happened near West Wickham station on Tuesday April 29.
A 52-year-old man, from the Catford area, was arrested in the early hours of today (May 23) on suspicion of sexual assault.
He is currently in police custody and will be interviewed by British Transport Police (BTP) detectives.
Detective Constable Andy Parkinson, leading the investigation, said: "I would like to thank the members of the public who came forward and provided us with valuable information."
- Neglected horses rescued in Sidcup due to 'immediate concerns for their welfare'
- Rail fare hike arrives on time unlike many trains
- Southern rail passengers compensated four weeks' travel over operator's 'poor performance'
- Advice to 'drink plenty of water' when you’re unwell could actually be bad for you, doctors warn
- Lewisham borough worst for education in London