A 60-year-old Eltham man has appeared in court accused of perverting the course of justice after a body was found in a pond.
Dad-of-two Neill Buchel, from Dagenham, went missing from his home on March 13 and was reported missing five days later.
And on April 1 police were called to a lake nearby after someone spotted a human leg floating in the water.
Colin Bushaway, of Gregory Crescent, appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court on May 20 charged with perverting the course of justice.
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on July 16.
Two Dagenham men - Chas Quye, 35, and 41-year-old Scott Hunt - have both been charged with murder, alongside Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, from Royston.
- 'What if he was my son?': Woman describes moment she came across stabbing victim in Blackfen
- Former Bexley school girl becomes first black woman to lead a UK university
- Feeling the heat: Fire fighters battle two hectare field blaze
- Teacher at school in Dartford who 'preyed' on young girl jailed for having sex with pupil
- Inspection work closes Hythe Road, Dartford