A 60-year-old Eltham man has appeared in court accused of perverting the course of justice after a body was found in a pond.
Dad-of-two Neill Buchel, from Dagenham, went missing from his home on March 13 and was reported missing five days later.
And on April 1 police were called to a lake nearby after someone spotted a human leg floating in the water.
Colin Bushaway, of Gregory Crescent, appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court on May 20 charged with perverting the course of justice.
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on July 16.
Two Dagenham men - Chas Quye, 35, and 41-year-old Scott Hunt - have both been charged with murder, alongside Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, from Royston.
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop
- CALL IN THE BUM SQUAD: Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself jailed
- Police have 'plan in place' to deal with repeat of Northumberland Heath fight