A 60-year-old Eltham man has appeared in court accused of perverting the course of justice after a body was found in a pond.
Dad-of-two Neill Buchel, from Dagenham, went missing from his home on March 13 and was reported missing five days later.
And on April 1 police were called to a lake nearby after someone spotted a human leg floating in the water.
Colin Bushaway, of Gregory Crescent, appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court on May 20 charged with perverting the course of justice.
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on July 16.
Two Dagenham men - Chas Quye, 35, and 41-year-old Scott Hunt - have both been charged with murder, alongside Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, from Royston.
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Police helicopter used in search of Bluewater area for person 'carrying a gun'
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- Teenager due in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert
- JAILED: Broadchurch TV actor and 'sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party