A 60-year-old Eltham man has appeared in court accused of perverting the course of justice after a body was found in a pond.
Dad-of-two Neill Buchel, from Dagenham, went missing from his home on March 13 and was reported missing five days later.
And on April 1 police were called to a lake nearby after someone spotted a human leg floating in the water.
Colin Bushaway, of Gregory Crescent, appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court on May 20 charged with perverting the course of justice.
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on July 16.
Two Dagenham men - Chas Quye, 35, and 41-year-old Scott Hunt - have both been charged with murder, alongside Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, from Royston.
- Beckenham woman finds mystery 2.5ft snake in her basement flat
- UPDATE: Man arrested after woman's body found in Dartford
- Booked up venue closed following illegal hostel discovery sparks outrage among residents
- Remains of Hurricane Gonzalo results in severe weather warning from Met
- Smoke-filled Bromley theatre result of faulty air conditioning unit