A 60-year-old Eltham man has appeared in court accused of perverting the course of justice after a body was found in a pond.
Dad-of-two Neill Buchel, from Dagenham, went missing from his home on March 13 and was reported missing five days later.
And on April 1 police were called to a lake nearby after someone spotted a human leg floating in the water.
Colin Bushaway, of Gregory Crescent, appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court on May 20 charged with perverting the course of justice.
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on July 16.
Two Dagenham men - Chas Quye, 35, and 41-year-old Scott Hunt - have both been charged with murder, alongside Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, from Royston.
- Neglected horses rescued in Sidcup due to 'immediate concerns for their welfare'
- Rail fare hike arrives on time unlike many trains
- Southern rail passengers compensated four weeks' travel over operator's 'poor performance'
- Advice to 'drink plenty of water' when you’re unwell could actually be bad for you, doctors warn
- Lewisham borough worst for education in London