A mystery woman called our newsroom after reading about the Orpington bachelor who put an advert up in his local post office.
The 65-year-old singleton said John Hales, 69, who is responsible for the poster, sounds like a “charming man” and phoned News Shopper to ask about arranging a first date.
Now the romantic is set to meet her potential suitor at a nearby coffee shop to see if words turn into something more.
The woman, from Bromley Common, said she did not want to be named until after the first ‘date’, but added she is looking forward to it.
She told News Shopper: “He seems a really nice gentleman – we’ve got a lot in common. I’m very interested in meeting him.
“I love swimming and like walking in the countryside. I’m into wine too – a spritzer or two.
“I’m happy but it’d be nice to meet someone. I’ve had a tough life.”
“My previous husband was a violent alcoholic and gambled all the family money away. I brought my children up”.
She added she wants to keep her identity private for the time being as she might be embarrassed – but mentioned if coffee with Mr Hales goes well she might be happy to spill the beans.
Mr Hales, of Stapleton Road, said last week he was happy someone had got in touch and was eager to find out more about her.
Make sure you pick up the next edition of the paper to see if things are working out.
- 'Red alert' issued and millions warned to stay at home as London is hit by toxic air from Germany
- Man arrested in Dartford in connection to the murder of Luther Edwards
- Bus driver pleads guilty to driving over the drink-drive limit after crashing into Dartford house
- Gurkha veteran and wife saved from 'rogue landlord' in sub-standard living conditions
- Plan for 532 new homes in Ebbsfleet approved