A mystery woman called our newsroom after reading about the Orpington bachelor who put an advert up in his local post office.
The 65-year-old singleton said John Hales, 69, who is responsible for the poster, sounds like a “charming man” and phoned News Shopper to ask about arranging a first date.
Now the romantic is set to meet her potential suitor at a nearby coffee shop to see if words turn into something more.
The woman, from Bromley Common, said she did not want to be named until after the first ‘date’, but added she is looking forward to it.
She told News Shopper: “He seems a really nice gentleman – we’ve got a lot in common. I’m very interested in meeting him.
“I love swimming and like walking in the countryside. I’m into wine too – a spritzer or two.
“I’m happy but it’d be nice to meet someone. I’ve had a tough life.”
“My previous husband was a violent alcoholic and gambled all the family money away. I brought my children up”.
She added she wants to keep her identity private for the time being as she might be embarrassed – but mentioned if coffee with Mr Hales goes well she might be happy to spill the beans.
Mr Hales, of Stapleton Road, said last week he was happy someone had got in touch and was eager to find out more about her.
Make sure you pick up the next edition of the paper to see if things are working out.
- Video shows 'migrants being helped off lorry on M25 in Dartford'
- 'Huge milestone': Green light for 1,500 new Thamesmead homes as huge £1bn regeneration scheme starts
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home