Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Swanscombe prison officer appears at the Old Bailey with Sun journalist
A Swanscombe prison officer is appearing at the Old Bailey today (May 22) in connection with an allegedly corrupt relationship with a journalist from The Sun.
Robert Norman, 53, of Milton Road, is charged with conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office alongside journalist Stephen Moyes, 40, from New Malden.
The charges are in connection with the Met's Operation Elveden which investigates allegedly corrupt relationships between public officials and journalists.
The pair appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on May 8 and have been on unconditional bail.
Norman is a serving prison officer at HMP Belmarsh and was arrested on June 11 last year. He was charged on April 16.
Moyes is a three-time British Press Awards winner from The Sun.
- UPDATE: 'Crowd took photos and abused me as I saved Catford crash victim's life'
- UPDATED: Three-year-old boy falls out of window in Temple Hill Square, Dartford
- Mysterious 'Met Police spy plane' seen circling Lewisham, Eltham and Blackheath
- Goldsmiths Arms in Penge set for first annual summer fete
- Minnie Mouse appears at Bromley United Services Club Help For Heroes fundraiser