Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Ravenous Bromley public tuck into 99p cod and chips
Left to right: Rose Honder, 43, Terri-Ann Banks, 45, Maria Baciu, 32, Ozzie Osman, 40, Yusef Keskinel, 35, and Oskan Dinccan, 49
Hundreds of 99p portions of cod and chips were dished out to a ravenous Bromley public on Saturday (May 17) to celebrate Norway Day.
The Fish & Chip Company in Hastings Road was taking part in a campaign run by the Norwegian Seafood Council, which joined forces with 99 fryers across the UK.
A total of 16 tonnes of cod was gifted to participating shops, allowing over 40,000 people to join in the unique celebration.
Cem Selchouk, owner of The Fish & Chip Company, said: "What a fantastic celebration of our favourite dish.
"We had lots of smiling customers throughout the day with bellies full of delicious Norwegian cod and chips.
"Customers, both old and new, were delighted to grab a portion for this tasty price and we are pleased to have brought a little of the Norwegian celebrations to fish and chip fans throughout Bromley."
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
- Foster charity sets up in Orpington due to lack of carers in the borough
Comments are closed on this article.