The Woolwich Ferry was suspended this morning (May 21) after a driver ignored boarding instructions.
The service had to be halted while the person was detained and questioned by police.
A two-boat service resumed at around 11am following the incident.
A Transport for London spokeswoman said: “I understand there was an incident involving a driver who was boarding the ferry and ignored instructions from staff directing people on to the ferry.
“The police were called and he was detained for questioning.”
- Motorists can now challenge parking tickets for £5
- Bromley storms into Top 50 best places to live in UK
- Bumper day for seals in Dartford
- Biggin Hill school raises cash for charity through festive jumper day
- Staff, students and rotarians in series of Erith charity walks