The Woolwich Ferry was suspended this morning (May 21) after a driver ignored boarding instructions.
The service had to be halted while the person was detained and questioned by police.
A two-boat service resumed at around 11am following the incident.
A Transport for London spokeswoman said: “I understand there was an incident involving a driver who was boarding the ferry and ignored instructions from staff directing people on to the ferry.
“The police were called and he was detained for questioning.”
- Best friend's plea after 16-year-old girl goes missing from Blackfen
- Social media inspires All Made Up female improv comedy in Bromley
- Exhibition gives retrospective of artist Kurt Jackson's river paintings
- Ron E Carter overcomes obstacles to record new album
- Cute Pets 2014 competition begins - chance to win £300 Pets At Home vouchers