The Woolwich Ferry was suspended this morning (May 21) after a driver ignored boarding instructions.
The service had to be halted while the person was detained and questioned by police.
A two-boat service resumed at around 11am following the incident.
A Transport for London spokeswoman said: “I understand there was an incident involving a driver who was boarding the ferry and ignored instructions from staff directing people on to the ferry.
“The police were called and he was detained for questioning.”
- A teenage boy has been arrested after an 'assault' in a busy high street
- Long delays on M25 due to vehicle fire
- Parents warned after attempted abduction in Sidcup
- Tributes paid to Lee Rigby on fourth anniversary of his murder
- A teenage boy has gone missing from Dartford