A Ladywell drug dealer has been jailed for more than four years after police uncovered a haul of heroin on him during a street stop.
Anthony Smith, 37, was also found with crack cocaine and a wad of cash when he was stopped in Ermine Road earlier this year after residents raised drug concerns with officers.
Smith, of Sydenham Hill, was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on May 14 to four years and six months in prison after admitting intent to supply Class A drugs.
Ladywell Safer Neighbourhoods Team carried out the intelligence-led stop on April 2.
Detective Constable Greg Atkinson, investigating officer, said: "The case against Smith was so overwhelming that he knew that it was in his best interests to enter a guilty plea.
“Smith is a prolific drug dealer, the sentence he received shows that Lewisham police and indeed Ladywell Safer Neighbourhoods Team will pursue drug dealers to the end."
- Mottingham pensioner told gift card halved in value - and she had to pay extra
- 'He touched all our hearts': Tributes paid to man killed by train near Dartford station
- Man and two teens arrested - and crossbow seized - in Welling drugs and weapons raid
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended