A Ladywell drug dealer has been jailed for more than four years after police uncovered a haul of heroin on him during a street stop.
Anthony Smith, 37, was also found with crack cocaine and a wad of cash when he was stopped in Ermine Road earlier this year after residents raised drug concerns with officers.
Smith, of Sydenham Hill, was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on May 14 to four years and six months in prison after admitting intent to supply Class A drugs.
Ladywell Safer Neighbourhoods Team carried out the intelligence-led stop on April 2.
Detective Constable Greg Atkinson, investigating officer, said: "The case against Smith was so overwhelming that he knew that it was in his best interests to enter a guilty plea.
“Smith is a prolific drug dealer, the sentence he received shows that Lewisham police and indeed Ladywell Safer Neighbourhoods Team will pursue drug dealers to the end."
- Bromley fight leads to police seizing rocket launcher, machine gun and assault rifle
- MAPPED: 9 of the best fish and chip shops in south east London and north Kent
- Love-struck Crystal Palace fan's Twitter plea to find mystery woman he met on train
- Police called after woman threatens to jump into River Thames in Greenhithe
- Dartford tunnel closed after crash