A Ladywell drug dealer has been jailed for more than four years after police uncovered a haul of heroin on him during a street stop.
Anthony Smith, 37, was also found with crack cocaine and a wad of cash when he was stopped in Ermine Road earlier this year after residents raised drug concerns with officers.
Smith, of Sydenham Hill, was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on May 14 to four years and six months in prison after admitting intent to supply Class A drugs.
Ladywell Safer Neighbourhoods Team carried out the intelligence-led stop on April 2.
Detective Constable Greg Atkinson, investigating officer, said: "The case against Smith was so overwhelming that he knew that it was in his best interests to enter a guilty plea.
“Smith is a prolific drug dealer, the sentence he received shows that Lewisham police and indeed Ladywell Safer Neighbourhoods Team will pursue drug dealers to the end."
- Associate of Welling hate preacher jailed for knocking out schoolboy who was hugging his girlfriend
- 'No one eats alone on Christmas Day': Turkish restaurant offers free meal for lonely and elderly
- Firefighters tackle house fire in Blackheath
- Network Rail reportedly set to lose sole control of British rail infrastructure
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan to spend 'record amount' on London cycling initiatives