A Ladywell drug dealer has been jailed for more than four years after police uncovered a haul of heroin on him during a street stop.
Anthony Smith, 37, was also found with crack cocaine and a wad of cash when he was stopped in Ermine Road earlier this year after residents raised drug concerns with officers.
Smith, of Sydenham Hill, was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on May 14 to four years and six months in prison after admitting intent to supply Class A drugs.
Ladywell Safer Neighbourhoods Team carried out the intelligence-led stop on April 2.
Detective Constable Greg Atkinson, investigating officer, said: "The case against Smith was so overwhelming that he knew that it was in his best interests to enter a guilty plea.
“Smith is a prolific drug dealer, the sentence he received shows that Lewisham police and indeed Ladywell Safer Neighbourhoods Team will pursue drug dealers to the end."
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- EXPLAINED: The new 105 phone number and what else you should do in a power cut
- Croydon man jailed for stealing and defrauding Charlton employer out of £260,000
- 'Somewhere to go off the street corners': Petition against demolition of Grove Park Youth Club
- REVEALED: How to get FIFA 17 first in south-east London