A man has been charged with kidnapping and blackmail after a man was robbed on a train travelling to London Victoria via Bromley South.
This comes after British Transport Police (BTP) issued a witness appeal in relation to the robbery by two men on the train on April 17.
An 18-year-old man, from Brent, was arrested last Friday (May 16) and charged.
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 30.
Detective Constable Denis Mahoney, of BTP’s robbery squad, said: "I would like to thank the members of the public who have come forward to help us so far and the media for their extensive coverage of our appeal."
- 18-year-old moped rider dies in Hayes car crash
- 'Bitterly disappointed': TfL will NOT be taking over Southeastern train services
- Man who suffered fractured skull after night out in New Cross was carrying limited edition record, detectives say
- Commuters face travel chaos as Southern Rail cancels more than 1,000 services due to strike
- Report reveals least trusted professions