Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Man charged with kidnapping and blackmail after robbery on train travelling to London Victoria via Bromley South
A man has been charged with kidnapping and blackmail after a man was robbed on a train travelling to London Victoria via Bromley South.
This comes after British Transport Police (BTP) issued a witness appeal in relation to the robbery by two men on the train on April 17.
An 18-year-old man, from Brent, was arrested last Friday (May 16) and charged.
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 30.
Detective Constable Denis Mahoney, of BTP’s robbery squad, said: "I would like to thank the members of the public who have come forward to help us so far and the media for their extensive coverage of our appeal."
- UPDATE: Armed police in South Darenth after woman rushed to hospital
- Classical music prodigy Chloe Hanslip to join Kent's young musicians in concert
- Popular Greenwich market wins award
- Old people's charity being 'thrown out' of Swanley base by council
- Hospital patient, 73, heartbroken at reported theft of late wife's wedding ring