A Bexleyheath inflatable fair drew in more than 1,000 people on one of the hottest days of the year so far.
One of the organisers revealed she almost got "burned to a crisp" because she was kept so busy manning the beer tent at Brampton Primary School in Brampton Road.
The school choir showed off their skills in a new performance area and there were stocks, bouncy castles and a range of refreshments to cool people down in the heat.
Leanne Smith, member of the Friends of Brampton Primary School, said: "We had more than 1,200 people attend - lots more than last year - and we raised around £3,000 for the school.
"People are saying they couldn’t believe how good it was.
"I almost got burned to a crisp because I was so busy manning the beer tent but it was worth it - I’m wearing lots of After Sun today."
- Child describes moment bikers shot man twice outside park in Downham
- UPDATE: Pensioner who died 'whilst having a fag' outside Lewisham Wetherspoons named locally
- Police called to gunshot reports in Abbey Wood
- New top cop for Greenwich borough
- Erith estate one step closer to demolition after 90 per cent vote in favour to leave