A man lying on the railway track near Penge East station caused train mayhem this afternoon.
The trespasser, a 47-year-old from Lewisham, was first noticed by concerned passengers just after 1.30pm.
He was taken to hospital for a mental health assessment.
The incident caused delays of 30 minutes to trains travelling from Beckenham Junction to London Victoria.
Robert-John T tweeted the above photo, saying: "Hi @Se_Railway are you are (aware) of a gentleman dead or asleep beside the tracks just after Kent House?"
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: "BTP officers were called to Penge East railway station on Tuesday May 20 to reports of a trespasser on the line.
"Officers from BTP attended alongside colleagues from the London Ambulance Service.
"A 47-year-old man, from Lewisham, was subsequently taken to hospital for a mental health assessment.
"The incident was first reported to BTP at 1.40pm and the line was handed back to Network Rail at 2.14pm."
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Man robbed and assaulted by four thugs in Bromley
- 150 Christmas trees stolen from Orpington family farm
- NEAR MISS: Football-sized drone misses airplane above Biggin Hill by only 20 metres
- Family of Bexley baby boy with genetic condition name children's ward staff 'Healthcare Heroes'