A man lying on the railway track near Penge East station caused train mayhem this afternoon.
The trespasser, a 47-year-old from Lewisham, was first noticed by concerned passengers just after 1.30pm.
He was taken to hospital for a mental health assessment.
The incident caused delays of 30 minutes to trains travelling from Beckenham Junction to London Victoria.
Robert-John T tweeted the above photo, saying: "Hi @Se_Railway are you are (aware) of a gentleman dead or asleep beside the tracks just after Kent House?"
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: "BTP officers were called to Penge East railway station on Tuesday May 20 to reports of a trespasser on the line.
"Officers from BTP attended alongside colleagues from the London Ambulance Service.
"A 47-year-old man, from Lewisham, was subsequently taken to hospital for a mental health assessment.
"The incident was first reported to BTP at 1.40pm and the line was handed back to Network Rail at 2.14pm."
- JAILED: TV actor and 'dangerous sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party
- Teenager in critical condition after Grove Park stabbing
- Lewisham boy denies attacking police dog who was repeatedly stabbed while chasing suspect
- Sadomasochist accused of murdering Greenhithe PC thought he was 'getting away with it' by disposing of body
- Eltham teacher becomes star of TV ad campaign