A man lying on the railway track near Penge East station caused train mayhem this afternoon.
The trespasser, a 47-year-old from Lewisham, was first noticed by concerned passengers just after 1.30pm.
He was taken to hospital for a mental health assessment.
The incident caused delays of 30 minutes to trains travelling from Beckenham Junction to London Victoria.
Robert-John T tweeted the above photo, saying: "Hi @Se_Railway are you are (aware) of a gentleman dead or asleep beside the tracks just after Kent House?"
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: "BTP officers were called to Penge East railway station on Tuesday May 20 to reports of a trespasser on the line.
"Officers from BTP attended alongside colleagues from the London Ambulance Service.
"A 47-year-old man, from Lewisham, was subsequently taken to hospital for a mental health assessment.
"The incident was first reported to BTP at 1.40pm and the line was handed back to Network Rail at 2.14pm."
- Man fighting for life in hospital after attack near O2 Arena
- REVEALED: The 10 emojis most used by people in the capital
- WEATHER: Spring is in the air as temperatures rival Mediterranean
- JAILED: Gang that tortured hostages with iron before leaving them in car boot
- Fraudster siphoned tens of thousands of pounds in land sale scam