A seal has been rescued after being stuck "in distress" in the river reportedly in Bexley.
The Met Police helicopter tweeted about their search and even shared a picture of the bemused-looking animal.
It is not yet known where exactly the seal was spotted.
The force tweeted from its @MPSinthesky account earlier this morning (May 20): "Search for seal seen in distress and stuck in mud @MPSBexley.
"That's in distress not in a dress.
"I99 assists due to the hazard that water and mud present to ground units.
"One detained by I99."
More to follow.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths