A seal has been rescued after being stuck "in distress" in the river reportedly in Bexley.
The Met Police helicopter tweeted about their search and even shared a picture of the bemused-looking animal.
It is not yet known where exactly the seal was spotted.
The force tweeted from its @MPSinthesky account earlier this morning (May 20): "Search for seal seen in distress and stuck in mud @MPSBexley.
"That's in distress not in a dress.
"I99 assists due to the hazard that water and mud present to ground units.
"One detained by I99."
More to follow.
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Now you can get p****d up at the Brewery! Meantime launches The Tasting Rooms in Greenwich
- Ocado plans £98.8m distribution centre for Erith
- Greenhithe's Len Goodman joins Strictly Come Dancing Live tour in Greenwich
- PICTURED: Police bust huge cannabis factory worth £250K at Chelsfield farmhouse