A seal has been rescued after being stuck "in distress" in the river reportedly in Bexley.
The Met Police helicopter tweeted about their search and even shared a picture of the bemused-looking animal.
It is not yet known where exactly the seal was spotted.
The force tweeted from its @MPSinthesky account earlier this morning (May 20): "Search for seal seen in distress and stuck in mud @MPSBexley.
"That's in distress not in a dress.
"I99 assists due to the hazard that water and mud present to ground units.
"One detained by I99."
More to follow.
- 'It was frightening': Bexleyheath boxer talks down 'dad-of-four' from jumping off bridge on A2
- Second arrest in Eltham murder investigation after man found dead
- Tributes to 'popular' Eltham man killed after 'single punch' attack in Blackheath
- Dog 'kicked in the willy' after weeing outside Hayes butcher shop
- Bexleyheath conjoined twins, with slim chance of survival, defy odds to start school together