A seal has been rescued after being stuck "in distress" in the river reportedly in Bexley.
The Met Police helicopter tweeted about their search and even shared a picture of the bemused-looking animal.
It is not yet known where exactly the seal was spotted.
The force tweeted from its @MPSinthesky account earlier this morning (May 20): "Search for seal seen in distress and stuck in mud @MPSBexley.
"That's in distress not in a dress.
"I99 assists due to the hazard that water and mud present to ground units.
"One detained by I99."
More to follow.
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)