A seal has been rescued after being stuck "in distress" in the river reportedly in Bexley.
The Met Police helicopter tweeted about their search and even shared a picture of the bemused-looking animal.
It is not yet known where exactly the seal was spotted.
The force tweeted from its @MPSinthesky account earlier this morning (May 20): "Search for seal seen in distress and stuck in mud @MPSBexley.
"That's in distress not in a dress.
"I99 assists due to the hazard that water and mud present to ground units.
"One detained by I99."
More to follow.
- Woman hit by bus in outside cinema North Greenwich
- Pets at Home to STOP selling rabbits over Easter - here's why
- Drug dealer who supplied serial killer Stephen Port convicted
- Greenwich 'TubePerve' who filmed over 100 upskirt shots on London Underground spared jail
- Local MPs slam proposals for Southeastern trains to stop calling at several central London stations