A seal has been rescued after being stuck "in distress" in the river reportedly in Bexley.
The Met Police helicopter tweeted about their search and even shared a picture of the bemused-looking animal.
It is not yet known where exactly the seal was spotted.
The force tweeted from its @MPSinthesky account earlier this morning (May 20): "Search for seal seen in distress and stuck in mud @MPSBexley.
"That's in distress not in a dress.
"I99 assists due to the hazard that water and mud present to ground units.
"One detained by I99."
More to follow.
- VIDEO: CCTV of man stabbing Penge bus driver in eye
- Plans for Ebbsfleet Garden City 'on track'
- Gruesome Twosome headline Lewisham Police Wanted Wednesday
- Time's up for Greenwich Council 'propaganda rag'
- It’s real says man who took THAT woodpecker and weasel picture – do you have an image to rival it?