A seal has been rescued after being stuck "in distress" in the river reportedly in Bexley.
The Met Police helicopter tweeted about their search and even shared a picture of the bemused-looking animal.
It is not yet known where exactly the seal was spotted.
The force tweeted from its @MPSinthesky account earlier this morning (May 20): "Search for seal seen in distress and stuck in mud @MPSBexley.
"That's in distress not in a dress.
"I99 assists due to the hazard that water and mud present to ground units.
"One detained by I99."
More to follow.
- Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- Stars of Second World War themed Lotty's War visit Dartford Museum
- Bromley police cadets hear dramatic story of Holocaust survivor
- Ladywell leisure centre 'pop-up village' approved
- Kidbrooke mum accused of terrorism offences to be quizzed for another week