Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Seal rescued by Met Police helicopter 'in distress not in a dress' in Bexley
A seal has been rescued after being stuck "in distress" in the river reportedly in Bexley.
The Met Police helicopter tweeted about their search and even shared a picture of the bemused-looking animal.
It is not yet known where exactly the seal was spotted.
The force tweeted from its @MPSinthesky account earlier this morning (May 20): "Search for seal seen in distress and stuck in mud @MPSBexley.
"That's in distress not in a dress.
"I99 assists due to the hazard that water and mud present to ground units.
"One detained by I99."
More to follow.
- Famous Crystal Palace, Charlton and Millwall fans: The starting XI
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
Comments are closed on this article.