Around 80 firefighters have been tackling a huge building fire overnight in Northfleet.
The builders merchant, called Discount Builders Yard and measuring 30m x 60m in the Botany Road industrial estate, has been almost entirely destroyed.
Four HGVs were also wrecked in the blaze which started about 1am.
The cause of the fire is not known and is under investigation.
Crew manager David Aylwin, of Thames-side's red watch, told News Shopper it was a "big job" and that crews from all over the county were called to the incident.
He said: "The fire started in a builders merchant so it was filled with wood and an array of other materials so you can imagine how easily it went up.
"As we were approaching the scene you could see it was well alight and there was a lot of smoke.
"We fought the fire from the outside and made sure that the surroundings industrial units were protected."
There are still two fire engines and an aerial appliance at the scene, as crews work to keep in check remaining pockets of fire.
Mr Aylwin confirmed there were no reports of any injuries.
Stuart Pattle has run his Pelican Fabrications joinery business next door for 36 years.
The 53-year-old has been looking on with some concern since he got to his units at 8am given the nature of his business.
He told News Shopper: "It only needs a little bit of a spark to go in here and with the sawdust we'll be going up in flames.
"Obviously I worry because I've got a business to run and I employ about 18 people at the moment.
"We had our annual insurance inspection yesterday. If we'd have burned down today they would have thought 'what's going on?'
"This is where Paramount Park's going to be so I can't see them rebuilding the unit now because it's going to take them more than a year."
Do you have any more pictures of the fire? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 726 or email email@example.com
- Saving London from the Great Stink: Abbey Wood's Crossness sewage cathedral reopens to the public
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum of teen stabbed to death in Brockley demands justice after accused killers go free
- 'People were angry about the bullshit': Greenwich Council remove 'disruptive' library campaigners from public meeting
- Northfleet father-of-three jailed after stabbing man with pair of scissors