There is some slow traffic in Forest Hill this afternoon (May 19) after firefighters tackled a blaze in a flat above a shop.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) firefighters were called at 1.40pm to a building fire in Dartmouth Road.
The flames, which were under control by 2.20pm, damaged five per cent of the kitchen of a first floor flat.
Dartmouth Road was closed following the incident but has now reopened with traffic reported to be easing.
An LFB spokesman said: “We were called at 1.40pm to a shop and flats on Dartmouth Road. There is a flat on the first floor where five per cent of the kitchen was damaged.”
- 16-year-old in 'stable condition' after being hit by car and bus in Plumstead
- Woolwich pub 'stabbing' was a fight, police say
- Duo arrested at Bromley South for racially abusing staff
- UPDATE: Cyclist receives 'serious head injury' after crash in Greenwich Park
- Limited edition Marvel Avengers artwork goes on display at Bluewater