There is some slow traffic in Forest Hill this afternoon (May 19) after firefighters tackled a blaze in a flat above a shop.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) firefighters were called at 1.40pm to a building fire in Dartmouth Road.
The flames, which were under control by 2.20pm, damaged five per cent of the kitchen of a first floor flat.
Dartmouth Road was closed following the incident but has now reopened with traffic reported to be easing.
An LFB spokesman said: “We were called at 1.40pm to a shop and flats on Dartmouth Road. There is a flat on the first floor where five per cent of the kitchen was damaged.”
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine