There is some slow traffic in Forest Hill this afternoon (May 19) after firefighters tackled a blaze in a flat above a shop.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) firefighters were called at 1.40pm to a building fire in Dartmouth Road.
The flames, which were under control by 2.20pm, damaged five per cent of the kitchen of a first floor flat.
Dartmouth Road was closed following the incident but has now reopened with traffic reported to be easing.
An LFB spokesman said: “We were called at 1.40pm to a shop and flats on Dartmouth Road. There is a flat on the first floor where five per cent of the kitchen was damaged.”
- Wanted Wednesday - Do you know Lewisham Police's four most wanted?
- Woman 'attempted to snatch' young girl at Bluewater shopping centre
- Bromley and Chislehurst MP Bob Neill speaks out against fresh Tube strikes
- PICTURED: British Queen returns to reign in Locksbottom
- Date set for Blackheath Fireworks