There is some slow traffic in Forest Hill this afternoon (May 19) after firefighters tackled a blaze in a flat above a shop.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) firefighters were called at 1.40pm to a building fire in Dartmouth Road.
The flames, which were under control by 2.20pm, damaged five per cent of the kitchen of a first floor flat.
Dartmouth Road was closed following the incident but has now reopened with traffic reported to be easing.
An LFB spokesman said: “We were called at 1.40pm to a shop and flats on Dartmouth Road. There is a flat on the first floor where five per cent of the kitchen was damaged.”
- POLL: More than half of Londoners admit to dipping their wick in the office goods. Have you?
- Man beaten to death in Eltham by brothers after 'gay' insult, court hears
- TRAVEL: No trains running between Bromley North and Grove Park
- UPDATE: Disruption expected at Dartford station due to signalling problems
- How will our area fare when Storm Dorris hammers UK with 80mph winds, heavy rain and snow?