Two geese are still missing after an animal rescue centre near St Mary Cray was broken into twice in two days.
Staff at Second Chance Animal Rescue in Crockenhill Road have vowed to camp overnight at the site after it was hit on Saturday night (May 17) and again the next day.
Enclosures were pulled down, offices wrecked, a dog set free, and two horses released, according to volunteer Chris Doorbar.
The 66-year-old described the wave of violence as “a pattern of mindless vandalism” and said many of the animals were in serious danger having been let out alone.
She added: “This year has seen lots of activity by volunteers, improving and replacing old structures and providing better living conditions for the animals. They have worked so hard and now it has all been destroyed.”
Owner John Ranger, 37, set up the centre in 2011 and now takes charge of over 300 animals including horses, ponies, chickens, ducks, and cats.
He said: “When I arrived early on Saturday morning, I just couldn’t believe my eyes. We rushed round counting and checking the animals and could see how much mindless damage had been done which threatened the safety and well-being of our animals.
“When the same happened the following night we became distraught. How can people endanger such beatiful, harmless animals? All our wonderful volunteers are so upset.”
A Bromley police spokesman reported: “Police in Bromley are investigating a burglary at the Second Chance Animal Rescue Centre in Crockenhill Road, which occurred overnight between Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 May.
“A husky-cross-German Shepherd dog and two geese were stolen. The dog was subsequently found safe and well at around 3pm on the same day.”
- Trains could stop calling at several central stations from south-east London and north Kent
- Mother of Dartford-born Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood says she is 'shocked, saddened, and numbed'
- Rapist gets more jail time after another victim sees his image in News Shopper
- WATCH: Bungling 'robbers' botch getaway on moped after trying to steal cigarettes from Eltham shop
- Woman in critical condition after crash in Bexley