A woman was taken to hospital with serious injuries after being thrown from her scooter in Beckenham.
Anita Caffery, 56, was travelling home to West Wickham on Kent House Road when she collided with a lorry collecting a skip.
Mrs Caffery’s husband Stephen, 57, said her pelvis was shattered, ribs broken, and arm gashed in the crash.
He understands the large vehicle was manoeuvring in the road and failed to spot his wife, who he explained had “nowhere to go” when faced with its front-end.
Mr Caffery, of Copse Avenue, added his other half has had to have her hip rebuilt as a result of the incident, which took place this month.
London Ambulance Service (LAS) reported: “We were called at 3.46pm on May 6 to reports of a road traffic collision on Kent House Road. We sent a paramedic by car and two ambulance crews.
“Staff treated a woman, reported to be in her 50s, for pelvic and arm injuries. She was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital.”
More to come.
- Headteacher 'sacked for bringing sex offender Stuart Kerner to school'
- 'You are going to do something you regret': Girlfriend's words to boyfriend before he 'ordered revenge attack' on Ben Fasina
- 5 Thoughts for the weekend, from a man's perspective
- Investigation launched after woman dragged under West Wickham train leaving her with 'life changing' injuries
- Motorcyclist 'thrown 15 metres into the air' in St Mary Cray crash