Unemployment in Bexleyheath and Crayford has fallen by more than a third since the last general election.
Figures released by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) last Tuesday (May 13) revealed there are 666 fewer people in the constituency in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance compared with June 2010.
This is a drop of 37 per cent.
There are also 180 fewer young people out of work.
Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett is delighted with the news.
He said: "This good news is further evidence the Conservatives’ long term economic plan is working.
"By supporting businesses, investing in apprenticeships and reforming our welfare system we are creating more opportunities.
"We are also helping local families by cutting income tax, freezing fuel duty and improving schools."
- Runner helping exhausted athlete over finishing line 'is what London Marathon is all about'
- North Korea accused of using south London-based insurers to fund nuclear weapons programme
- Water stations, urinal bays and MP runners: The 2017 London Marathon in numbers
- Police arrest man on suspicion of funding terrorism
- Record number of runners to take on today's London Marathon