Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Unemployment in Bexleyheath and Crayford drops by 37 per cent
Unemployment in Bexleyheath and Crayford has fallen by more than a third since the last general election.
Figures released by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) last Tuesday (May 13) revealed there are 666 fewer people in the constituency in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance compared with June 2010.
This is a drop of 37 per cent.
There are also 180 fewer young people out of work.
Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett is delighted with the news.
He said: "This good news is further evidence the Conservatives’ long term economic plan is working.
"By supporting businesses, investing in apprenticeships and reforming our welfare system we are creating more opportunities.
"We are also helping local families by cutting income tax, freezing fuel duty and improving schools."
- Ban for driver who took off while being given a speeding ticket
- Man jailed for stealing police car on Crayford night out
- Huge fly-tipping sites in Ladywell uncovered
- FEATURE: A day in the life of a pest control officer
- Man who sexually assaulted sleeping woman on West Wickham train avoids jail
Comments are closed on this article.