Manor Road, Erith, is set to close for 10 weeks for resurfacing work.
A notice on Bexley Council's website says: "Essential road reconstruction works start in Manor Road, Erith, on Monday 16 June 2014 for ten weeks. During this time the road will be closed to through traffic.
"The diversion route will be in and out via Bridge Road and Northend Road. The 99 and N99 buses will also be diverted for the duration of these works."
Julian Howes, from Vinton Metals, based in Manor Road, says the company have not yet been notified of the planned work.
Mr Howes said: "I'm suprised the council haven't notified local businesses about this.
"Obviously the road does need resurfacing but I thought they would close one lane not the whole carriage way.
"It is such a big industrial road."
The manager of another business operating from Manor Road, who asked not to be named, says that the road looks set to be fully shut off and that Bexley Council have not properly notified businesses about the closure.
He said: "I heard about it through rumours, we have had no consultation from the council - I had to take it up with them myself.
"It's going to be a problem for us as we run around 300 movements a day."
Resurfacing work is also set to take place in Fraser Road, Erith, from June 30.
Do you live, work or travel through Manor Road? Will this affect you?
Call the newsroom on 01689 885734 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weather report: Sunglasses this morning for a very bright start
- Trespasser at Beckenham Junction train station removed from railway lines
- TRAVEL WARNING: Traffic building in Eltham as drivers face queues at the Dartford Crossing
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre