A Charlton teen will be sentenced at crown court after posting a picture online of a 15-year-old girl performing a sex act on him.
Charlie Dimond, aka Littlechild, 18, took a picture of his victim - without her knowing - after they met and engaged in sexual activity in Plumstead Common Road on May 8 last year.
He appeared at Bexley Magistrates’ Court today (May 15) after previously admitting a charge of engaging in penetrative sexual activity with a girl aged 13 to 15 when the offender was under 17.
Dimond, of Little Heath, suffers from autism and “did not think it was wrong” to circulate the picture on the internet, the court heard.
Prosecuting, Rachel Mahoney told the court: “On May 8, the complainant was 15 years old at the time. She had arranged to meet him in Plumstead at 5pm.
“She was unaware he had taken a picture and he later sent it to her. That image later circulated on social network sites.”
Defending, Stewart Lewis added: “He has a lack of understanding of what actually transpired.
“He was diagnosed with autism in 2009. His doctor feels there is a lack of understanding in what he was doing, a lack of acceptance of any real guilt.
“At the time he didn’t address the issue as something being illegal, he put it on the internet and didn’t think it was wrong, which it obviously was.”
Three Bexley magistrates deemed the issue too serious to be sentenced at magistrates’ court and committed him to Woolwich Crown Court for a date yet to be set.
- Teenager and woman arrested after man stabbed in Erith
- Dangerous Eltham driver on his phone crashes into 3 vehicles while trying to escape from the police
- Parents launch last-ditch attempt to save 2-year-old daughter after latest supposed victory against cancer fails
- Pensioner jailed for sexual abuse at Anerley children's home
- Southern drivers suspend strikes ahead of new talks