A Charlton teen will be sentenced at crown court after posting a picture online of a 15-year-old girl performing a sex act on him.
Charlie Dimond, aka Littlechild, 18, took a picture of his victim - without her knowing - after they met and engaged in sexual activity in Plumstead Common Road on May 8 last year.
He appeared at Bexley Magistrates’ Court today (May 15) after previously admitting a charge of engaging in penetrative sexual activity with a girl aged 13 to 15 when the offender was under 17.
Dimond, of Little Heath, suffers from autism and “did not think it was wrong” to circulate the picture on the internet, the court heard.
Prosecuting, Rachel Mahoney told the court: “On May 8, the complainant was 15 years old at the time. She had arranged to meet him in Plumstead at 5pm.
“She was unaware he had taken a picture and he later sent it to her. That image later circulated on social network sites.”
Defending, Stewart Lewis added: “He has a lack of understanding of what actually transpired.
“He was diagnosed with autism in 2009. His doctor feels there is a lack of understanding in what he was doing, a lack of acceptance of any real guilt.
“At the time he didn’t address the issue as something being illegal, he put it on the internet and didn’t think it was wrong, which it obviously was.”
Three Bexley magistrates deemed the issue too serious to be sentenced at magistrates’ court and committed him to Woolwich Crown Court for a date yet to be set.
- New Cross lorry crash: Police appeal for information following fatal collision
- M25 killer Kenneth Noye wins High Court open prison appeal
- Dartford Crossing faces overnight closures again next week
- Former Stephen Lawrence murder suspect from Eltham jailed over drugs plot
- King's Troop soldier taken to hospital with serious injuries after being 'thrown off her horse' in Charlton Park