Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Date set for Petts Wood 'Running Man' tribute run
The date has been set for a 'Running Man' tribute run, honouring the man famed for his topless jogging through Petts Wood.
The inspirational James Gilson died last month at what is thought to be the age of 87, triggering hundreds of online tributes.
Meanwhile, on the day of his funeral, hundreds of people lined the streets as his hearse travelled through Petts Wood.
The event, entitled 'The Spirit of Running Man', is taking place on Sunday June 29 at 10am, and was announced in a post on the Fans of the Running Man Facebook page.
The course, which is yet to be announced, will take in some of the 5k and 10k route Mr Gilson used to run.
£5 will secure anyone a little memento of the run, with the profit split between two charities, St John Ambulance and Cancer Research UK.
The post added: "We may need to inform the neighbours of a lot of excited half naked people around. It's not compulsory to run like our Running Man though."
More details on how to join in the run will be announced on the Fans of The Running Man Facebook page in due course.
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Fake Abbey Wood hospice van seen cruising for late night donations
- Bexleyheath pool duping customers with 'free' swim offer, says user
- Erith gym holds white collar boxing night in memory of Tommy Main
- A history of Orpington Hospital: Remembering its beginnings as a vital part of the First World War
Comments are closed on this article.