Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Crystal Palace would be European contenders on Premier League table based on goals scored by English players
Crystal Palace would be playing European football in a more patriotic Premier League.
A US newspaper has perhaps mischievously published this season's table counting only goals scored by English players – and the Eagles are soaring in sixth place.
Players such as Jason Puncheon, Dwight Gayle, and Glen Murray are all home-grown talent who netted for Palace.
In the mock-up Tony Pulis' side have 53 points, a goal difference of six, and are well ahead of London rivals Chelsea and Fulham.
Liverpool, who narrowly missed out on this year’s title, are crowned champions, while winners Manchester City are relegated.
The graphic, which can be viewed here, fuels the debate that the country's top flight has too few English stars.
- Air ambulance called after fire in Market Square, Bromley
- TASTE TEST: Which supermarket's scones are the best for a Devonshire cream tea?
- Elderly woman blames Lewisham Council for sleepless nights after lamppost light changed
- NSPCC helpline for parents worried about gangs
- PICTURES: Orpington's new music festival, Priory Live
Comments are closed on this article.