Teenagers from a Bromley school have taken out their brushes and put on their aprons to help bring a nursery back to life.
Nine BTEC Art students from Ravensbourne Secondary School got together for a community project to design and paint a mural on an outside wall at Mrs Bond's Village Nursery in St Mary Cray on Friday May 9.
The nursery's Kelly Booker said the colourful piece is a "big hit with the staff, children, and parents" and said the hard work has make the garden a more "bright and stimulating place for all".
The year 12 students said collectively: "This project has been a fantastic opportunity and experience for us to develop our skills.
"Our confidence has grown and we have really enjoyed working to a live brief. We are pleased with the end result and that the mural has enriched the children’s play area."
Art teacher Fiona Guessous added: "I am very proud of the student’s hard work and what they have achieved, they have produced an outstanding mural. It has been a privilege supporting them on this project."
- Woman dies in Orpington house fire
- Lewisham teenage girl missing since November
- Londoners can now hire naked women to clean their homes
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Can you help Bexley police locate these suspected criminals?
- Fleet to race from Greenwich to Quebec this Easter in tall ships regatta