Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Hextable basks in sunshine for Oasis Academy May fair
English teacher Bruno Mollicker in the stocks with (left to right) sisters Mackenzie and Anastasia Chant, aged seven and eight.
The sun shone on Hextable as the village turned out in force for the Oasis Academy’s May fair.
Hundreds headed to the school’s grounds in Egerton Avenue for a day of Spring time frolics, including a coconut shy, merry-go-round and maypole dancing.
The dancers came from nearby Hextable Primary School for an event organised by the Friends of Oasis Academy Hextable.
An assault course run by the RAF Cadets was set up for would-be tough guys and girls to test their mettle.
Founder of Oasis Community Learning Simon Chalke attended while The Plough at Wilmington provided refreshment for thirsty revellers during the event on May 3.
Pam Morey, PA to Oasis Academy principal Tina Bissett, said: “The academy has brought back a tradition, giving life to an event that had happened previously that brought the whole community together.
“The weather was beautiful which definitely helped and there is already talk of next year.”
- Southfleet couple reveal horrifying injuries from baseball attack
- Pet of the Day: Mooch the cat who likes walkies and travelling
- VIDEO: Lewisham glamour girl wins Miss Soho Sex Kitten contest
- UPDATE: Armed police in South Darenth after woman rushed to hospital
- PICTURED: Bexleyheath's Miss Universe finalist models lingerie live at Bluewater
Comments are closed on this article.