When 14-year-old Reece Saava went to Bromley's Churchill Theatre last Saturday (May 10), the last thing he expected to come across was the ghost of Michael Jackson.
However he went home with photographic evidence of the king of pop's return from the grave.
What's more, MJ had good reason to pay the theatre a visit, as that evening a Michael Jackson Live tribute show was gracing the stage.
Reece, of Cedar Road, Bromley, said: "It wasn't until two days later when I was looking through the photos with my friends that I saw it.
"My friend was like: 'what is that in the corner, were there balloons?'
"When I looked at it I was genuinely quite shocked, it was very distinct, not like other photos of you see of that sort of thing.
"I cannot say I believe in ghosts but it is very spooky."
Reece's mother, Angela, 54, who was at the show with her son, added: "It is certainly very spooky to say the least.
"The image is so clear. Sometimes you can see these things in photos, it is an image of something but you are almost willing it to be something else.
"But you look at that and it is clearly a face and it does look like Michael Jackson.
"And the fact it was a Michael Jackson event and there he was makes it all the more eerie."
In the photo, Jackson's ghost is seemingly peering over the shoulder of a Michael Jackson impersonator, perhaps trying to see what he is writing.
- VIDEO: Waste4Fuel from above - another Christmas next to this mess for residents
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by car in New Cross
- Gravesend prankster banned from football matches for three years after Tottenham Hotspur pitch invasion
- Health experts encouraging people to give their livers a break and go dry for January
- VIDEO: Bexleyheath Academy Frozen song viewed more than 10,000 times in a day