A man was taken to hospital after escaping a fire at a house in Biggin Hill.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) has reported he fled from a property in Challock Close on Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 4.30pm, but the man, said to be in his 50s, had already fled from the building by the time they arrived.
LAS said it was called at around 5pm and sent a paramedic by car, an ambulance crew, and a duty officer.
Twenty-one personnel attended the blaze, with fire crews from Addington and Orpington both being scrambled.
LFB said the property, a terraced house, was badly damaged and had to work hard to ensure the flames did not spread to other properties.
The fire was under control around an hour later and the cause is currently (May 13) under investigation.
- Father-of-10 sacked as bus driver over wrestling match with passenger
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Blackheath road closed after wind leaves scaffolding dangling 'precariously'
- First micropub opens in Gravesend
- Bexley woman appointed as Scouts' first ever youth commissioner