A man was taken to hospital after escaping a fire at a house in Biggin Hill.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) has reported he fled from a property in Challock Close on Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 4.30pm, but the man, said to be in his 50s, had already fled from the building by the time they arrived.
LAS said it was called at around 5pm and sent a paramedic by car, an ambulance crew, and a duty officer.
Twenty-one personnel attended the blaze, with fire crews from Addington and Orpington both being scrambled.
LFB said the property, a terraced house, was badly damaged and had to work hard to ensure the flames did not spread to other properties.
The fire was under control around an hour later and the cause is currently (May 13) under investigation.
- Grove Park dog which attacked policeman is stabbed to death during attempted drugs raid
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (Nov 29 and 30)
- Phoenix and Wide Horizons Lewisham project bags £50,000 People's Millions prize
- Mystery of Thamesmead beeping noise solved
- Higham private school headteacher did not abuse expenses, report finds