A man was taken to hospital after escaping a fire at a house in Biggin Hill.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) has reported he fled from a property in Challock Close on Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 4.30pm, but the man, said to be in his 50s, had already fled from the building by the time they arrived.
LAS said it was called at around 5pm and sent a paramedic by car, an ambulance crew, and a duty officer.
Twenty-one personnel attended the blaze, with fire crews from Addington and Orpington both being scrambled.
LFB said the property, a terraced house, was badly damaged and had to work hard to ensure the flames did not spread to other properties.
The fire was under control around an hour later and the cause is currently (May 13) under investigation.
- QUIZ: Ukip or Mel Gibson - can you tell who said these outrageous comments?
- Bank holiday washout? Rain to hit London over Easter
- Fraudulent north Kent men denied British taxpayers £11.7 million
- Rare Elvis Presley gold suit to arrive at Greenwich exhibition under armed guard
- Does your garden have what it takes to be champion? Bromley in Bloom officially opens