A man was taken to hospital after escaping a fire at a house in Biggin Hill.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) has reported he fled from a property in Challock Close on Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 4.30pm, but the man, said to be in his 50s, had already fled from the building by the time they arrived.
LAS said it was called at around 5pm and sent a paramedic by car, an ambulance crew, and a duty officer.
Twenty-one personnel attended the blaze, with fire crews from Addington and Orpington both being scrambled.
LFB said the property, a terraced house, was badly damaged and had to work hard to ensure the flames did not spread to other properties.
The fire was under control around an hour later and the cause is currently (May 13) under investigation.
- Woman taken to hospital after Eltham crash
- Men charged over plans to impede police inquiries
- Greenhithe woman part of gang who committed £68,000 Oyster card fraud
- Residents set up 'watch-dog' scheme over big Northfleet plans
- Coach driver who admitted possessing cannabis set to be sentenced