Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Man taken to hospital after fleeing burning property in Biggin Hill
A man was taken to hospital after escaping a fire at a house in Biggin Hill.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) has reported he fled from a property in Challock Close on Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 4.30pm, but the man, said to be in his 50s, had already fled from the building by the time they arrived.
LAS said it was called at around 5pm and sent a paramedic by car, an ambulance crew, and a duty officer.
Twenty-one personnel attended the blaze, with fire crews from Addington and Orpington both being scrambled.
LFB said the property, a terraced house, was badly damaged and had to work hard to ensure the flames did not spread to other properties.
The fire was under control around an hour later and the cause is currently (May 13) under investigation.
- Ten per cent of 'affluent Bromley' is living in poverty, figures reveal
- Volunteers working to make Deptford Cinema a reality
- VIDEO: Cyclist says he feared for his life during clash with HGV in central Bromley
- VIDEO: UK's top entrepreneurs share their business secrets
- Gravesend bouncers' jail term increased after 'sickening' attack
Comments are closed on this article.