A Belvedere man harassed his ex-girlfriend with a torrent of abusive texts, smashed up her car and threatened “to get the father of her children shot”.
Adam Morrell, 30, referred to mother-of-three Charlotte Kenton, of Barnfield Road, as ‘a c**t’ and vandalised her blue Peugeot before texting her saying ‘smashed mirror on car, old slag’.
Morrell, of Lessness Road, began dating Ms Kenton, who had three children from a previous relationship, in December but things went sour earlier this year.
Prosecutor Kara Cann told Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Friday: “She was concerned he was becoming increasingly jealous and controlling.
“Since then he had called and texted and it has ranged from pleading to abusive– one day she had 32 missed calls from him.
“He used terms such as slag, c**t and Essex slag.
“He suggested he was arranging to to get the father of her children shot.”
Five days later he stepped up the harassment even further.
Ms Cann said: “She was putting her kids into the vehicle and he drove by in a van.
“He was next to her and went close and was driving dangerously - he was undertaking and overtaking.
“She was very upset about the abuse and about the safety of her and her children.”
Emma Harris, defending, said: “He is unwell and is receiving counselling.
“His mum’s view is he just needs to be at home with her at this time.”
Morrell had previously pleaded guilty to harassment without violence and a separate charge of criminal damage to property valued under £5,000.
He denied a another count of criminal damage to property valued under £5,000. This charge was subsequently dismissed when the prosecution offered no evidence.
He will be sentenced at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on June 4 and must not visit or contact Ms Kenton in the meantime.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed in Dartford crash named locally as dad from Eltham
- Driver who killed child actor and aunt in Penge car crash acknowledges 'pain and suffering' caused
- Residents attack council's proposals to build 4,500 homes in Swanley and Hextable
- This brainteaser will test your bargain-hunting skills: Can you spot the biggest saving?
- New Eltham charity match for disabled 5-year-old whose dad passed away after battle with cancer