The borough is getting its very own ‘Saturday Kitchen’ next month.
Bromley College is launching a new hospitality course in September and is introducing a range of cookery taster sessions to ‘wet the appetites’ of would-be chefs. T
he programme seeks to teach culinary skills to 13-16 year-olds with a “passion for food” and in turn give them an insight into what is on offer at the new Hospitality Career College, which opens in September.
Youngsters can try their hand at preparing and cooking a three-course menu before getting feedback and advice from professionals.
The classes, on Saturdays throughout June, feature refreshments, recipe cards, and ingredients.
- Jealous grandfather who stabbed ex-partner to death in Kidbrooke jailed for life
- 'Crocodile or dinosaur?' Terrifying creature discovered at docks near Greenwich
- UPDATE: Sewer in Sidcup collapses closing Main Road for 10 days
- 'She must be avoided': Hilarious sign warns of Barnehurst's 'dumpy pervert'
- Man pleads not guilty to causing death by careless driving after fatal Gravesend crash