The borough is getting its very own ‘Saturday Kitchen’ next month.
Bromley College is launching a new hospitality course in September and is introducing a range of cookery taster sessions to ‘wet the appetites’ of would-be chefs. T
he programme seeks to teach culinary skills to 13-16 year-olds with a “passion for food” and in turn give them an insight into what is on offer at the new Hospitality Career College, which opens in September.
Youngsters can try their hand at preparing and cooking a three-course menu before getting feedback and advice from professionals.
The classes, on Saturdays throughout June, feature refreshments, recipe cards, and ingredients.
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- Parents warned after 'attempted abduction' of girls in Sidcup
- The consultation on the south eastern rail franchise has been extended
- A housing project has been rejected by Dartford councillors
- Penge grandfather threatened with deportation after living in UK for more than 50 years