The borough is getting its very own ‘Saturday Kitchen’ next month.
Bromley College is launching a new hospitality course in September and is introducing a range of cookery taster sessions to ‘wet the appetites’ of would-be chefs. T
he programme seeks to teach culinary skills to 13-16 year-olds with a “passion for food” and in turn give them an insight into what is on offer at the new Hospitality Career College, which opens in September.
Youngsters can try their hand at preparing and cooking a three-course menu before getting feedback and advice from professionals.
The classes, on Saturdays throughout June, feature refreshments, recipe cards, and ingredients.
- Dartford woman goes for Miss Speedfest crown
- VIDEO: Sydenham apprentice helps to build gold-medal garden at Chelsea Flower Show
- Figures show Bromley councillors missing more than a quarter of meetings
- UPDATE: Girl found 'safe and well' after 11 days missing with 51-year-old man
- Dartford actress Louisa Faye picks up film role opposite the Incredible Hulk