The borough is getting its very own ‘Saturday Kitchen’ next month.
Bromley College is launching a new hospitality course in September and is introducing a range of cookery taster sessions to ‘wet the appetites’ of would-be chefs. T
he programme seeks to teach culinary skills to 13-16 year-olds with a “passion for food” and in turn give them an insight into what is on offer at the new Hospitality Career College, which opens in September.
Youngsters can try their hand at preparing and cooking a three-course menu before getting feedback and advice from professionals.
The classes, on Saturdays throughout June, feature refreshments, recipe cards, and ingredients.
- UPDATE: Met Office issue warning of snow and ice today across south east England
- Girl, 17, hit by Mercedes car in Wickham Lane, Plumstead
- Thousands call for military museum to stay in Woolwich
- Cash robbed from security van in New Ash Green
- Greenwich propaganda rag costs taxpayers more than £100,000 every year