The borough is getting its very own ‘Saturday Kitchen’ next month.
Bromley College is launching a new hospitality course in September and is introducing a range of cookery taster sessions to ‘wet the appetites’ of would-be chefs. T
he programme seeks to teach culinary skills to 13-16 year-olds with a “passion for food” and in turn give them an insight into what is on offer at the new Hospitality Career College, which opens in September.
Youngsters can try their hand at preparing and cooking a three-course menu before getting feedback and advice from professionals.
The classes, on Saturdays throughout June, feature refreshments, recipe cards, and ingredients.
- Police gunmen were called to a ‘shooting’ in Dartford
- Prison officer smuggled cannabis in her bra into Young Offenders Institute in Thamesmead
- These south London filmmakers' sci-fi short could be the next big thing on TV
- Greenwich drug dealer found with 72 wraps of crack cocaine jailed
- Approval given for major Bluewater expansion