Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
EastEnders actress Vicky Alcock set to auction off celeb prizes for the NSPCC
Former EastEnders star Vicky Alcock is joining Darth Vader to auction off some celebrity goodies in the battle against child abuse.
The Bromley actress, who has also performed in the likes of Doctor Who and Call the Midwife, is hosting a family fun day this month at the Fox Pub in Keston to support children's charity the NSPCC.
Memorabilia from television shows such as Holby City, Emmerdale, and The Voice is all going to be sold to raise money for the cause.
Alcock, 48, said: “I have been an ambassador for the NSPCC for nearly ten years. The support they give to children is vital. The welfare of any child is extremely important to me.
“I am hoping to raise lots of money – I have some amazing raffle prizes and some very special items including signed items from Sir Tom Jones and Kylie Minogue!”
David Prowse, who played the Jedi-turned dark lord in the original Star Wars films, is also set to appear at the event.
But rather than fighting Luke Skywalker he is probably more likely to be found helping out with the raffle, listening to some live music, and tucking into a hot dog.
Services such as Childline, which seeks to care for the country's most vulnerable young people, will benefit from the do. It kicks off at midday on Saturday May 24.
- 6-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
- Tributes paid to former funeral manager Jane Dale from Gravesend
- Golf club grass fire in Orpington causes damage to land equivalent to two football pitches
Comments are closed on this article.