Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Former boyfriend of fraudster Poppy Eastwood at Bromley Mags' on assault charge
The former boyfriend of iPad fraudster Poppy Eastwood was in court today (Wednesday May 7) facing assault charges.
Robert Burke, 30, of Seymour Terrace in Anerley, appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court after being held in custody for more than a month.
Burke, who has reportedly had drug and alcohol problems and served a sentence in the past, was alleged to have assaulted his ex in March at a Bromley address.
After officers responded to a 999 call he was also said to have resisted a police officer in the execution of her duty.
However, the bench, chaired by Mrs Anderson, dismissed both counts due to a lack of evidence.
Prosecutor Mark Watson had asked for another adjournment after Ms Eastwood, a witness, as well as a police constable who had been called to the incident, did not attend.
The convicted scammer’s whereabouts were unknown but the officer was unable to visit court due to a broken leg.
Ms Eastwood, 22, was convicted at the same court in February after a string of fraud and theft offences.
- News Shopper funding helps build Eltham children's playground
- PICTURES: Staff at Biggin Hill farm have sleepover with animals
- Armed police swoop in New Cross after gunshots heard
- Twelve Plumstead children treated after carbon monoxide leak
- 5 thoughts of the week: Mobile phone rudeness, mobility scooter madness and more
Comments are closed on this article.