Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UKIP Bexley reveals party's freepost address has been cancelled after blood and faeces sent
UKIP in Bexley revealed the party’s freepost address has been cancelled after it was sent blood and faeces.
On Saturday the party’s branch in the borough tweeted a picture of a memo explaining why the decision had been taken.
Cantankerous members of the public also sent bricks, eight litres of bottled of water and a copy of Dostoevsky’s novel The Idiot with a picture of UKIP leader Nigel Farage taped to the cover.
The memo read: "You may be aware that there have been incidents of inappropriate mail items being sent to a UKIP Freepost address.
"This includes items which are prohibited (such as blood/human faeces) and present a health and safety risk both to you and our Royal Mail colleagues.
"The Freepost address for UKIP has been cancelled."
In response UKIP Bexley tweeted: "What kind of person sends faeces or blood to a political party? Are people OK?"
Freepost allows someone to send mail without a stamp because the recipient pays the postage.
- GCSE results day: All the news and pictures
- PICTURED: Playday in Danson Park
- iPhone snatched from woman's hands while she travelled on Bromley train
- Chislehurst businessman talks about entering the notorious Dragon's Den with a card and a bunch of flowers
- Care agency leaks personal details of elderly and vulnerable people
Comments are closed on this article.