Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UKIP Bexley reveals party's freepost address has been cancelled after blood and faeces sent
UKIP in Bexley revealed the party’s freepost address has been cancelled after it was sent blood and faeces.
On Saturday the party’s branch in the borough tweeted a picture of a memo explaining why the decision had been taken.
Cantankerous members of the public also sent bricks, eight litres of bottled of water and a copy of Dostoevsky’s novel The Idiot with a picture of UKIP leader Nigel Farage taped to the cover.
The memo read: "You may be aware that there have been incidents of inappropriate mail items being sent to a UKIP Freepost address.
"This includes items which are prohibited (such as blood/human faeces) and present a health and safety risk both to you and our Royal Mail colleagues.
"The Freepost address for UKIP has been cancelled."
In response UKIP Bexley tweeted: "What kind of person sends faeces or blood to a political party? Are people OK?"
Freepost allows someone to send mail without a stamp because the recipient pays the postage.
- Police find man's body in South Darenth seige
- Police appeal as Penge boy goes missing for almost a week
- Dartford sprinter Adam Gemili sets sights on Jamaicans after Commonwealth silver
- Southfleet couple reveal horrifying injuries from baseball attack
- Pet of the Day: Mooch the cat who likes walkies and travelling
Comments are closed on this article.