Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Gravesend mobility scooter man drives motorists round the bend
A man on a mobility scooter drove motorists round the bend by taking on a busy roundabout in Gravesend yesterday.
The elderly man was spotted cruising round the roundabout on the A227 just off the A2 heading towards the town centre at around 2pm.
One eagle-eyed passenger heading back round towards Meopham took a picture of the slow-moving vehicle as its driver went on his merry way.
The female passenger, who did not want to be named, told News Shopper: "It was really random.
"He was holding up a whole string of traffic and they couldn’t go around him.
"It was very busy and the A2 was shut because of an accident so people were obviously trying to go through Gravesend.
"He was just oblivious to everything. He was an elderly fellow going about his own business really.
"He was taking it literally like a car which is why I found it so amusing.
"He was going 10mph if that, or as fast as a mobility scooter can go which is obviously not as fast as a car."
Certain types of mobility scooters are allowed to be driven on UK roads, but users are advised to avoid dual carriageways.
- Famous Crystal Palace, Charlton and Millwall fans: The starting XI
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
Comments are closed on this article.