Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
20 things people from south-east London would NEVER say
Updated 9:11am Monday 5th May 2014 in News
The internet has been awash with cockney sayings as we mourn and pay tribute to the much-loved Bob Hoskins.
But what about the things you would never hear a local geezer say?
1. Is it just me or are taxi prices getting cheaper?
2. The cable car’s shut? How the hell am I meant to get to work now?
3. You know what they should turn this into? Some luxury flats.
4. You can tell somewhere’s about to get really cool when people start visiting from Essex.
5. That slice of pizza I had in Camden market took me right back to the Tuscan countryside. Belissimo!
6. Boris is alright, but lets face it, he’s no George Osborne.
7. Yes, person with clipboard and overly sincere grin, I actually have several minutes to talk with you about the crisis facing Polynesian iguanas!
8. I’m sober. And I’m getting in a rickshaw.
9. Sure, Leicester Square’s cinemas are pricy, but oh, the glamour!
10. I’m just off to the Harrods food court to do the weekly shop.
11. Isn’t it depressing how no-one ever talks to you on public transport?
12. I heard this fantastic new track on some kid’s mobile phone last night.
13. You’re quite right Mr Cyclist – that red light doesn’t apply to you, on you go. I wasn’t using that leg anyway.
14. I’ve checked the map – the quickest way is just to walk through the Blackwall Tunnel.
15. The more people that move to my area, the cooler it gets.
16. Funny story: the house was so cheap, we actually bought two!
17. That cabbie had no idea where he was going, but at least his political opinions were well-informed and rationally delivered.
18. Get a lungful of that air!
19. So glad I chose to fly from Stansted – cheaper and more convenient to get to.
20. Amazing news, you guys! This weekend, BUSES REPLACE TRAINS!
Comments are closed on this article.