A fire broke out in the kitchen of a Gravesend family home this morning.
Crews were called to the house in Rose Avenue at 1.15am after the occupants were alerted by their smoke alarm.
Crews used a high pressure hose reel to tackle the fire and cleared the smoke using a ventilation fan.
A woman was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation along with two children for precautionary checks.
The kitchen and its contents suffered around 40 per cent damage by fire, smoke and heat.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service is advising residents to take extra care during the Fire Brigades Union strikes today from 2pm to 2am and tomorrow between 10am and 3pm.
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (October 25 and 26)
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Queues at re-opened Dartford Tunnel following five-vehicle M25 crash