A Chislehurst school has been named as one of the best in the country for pupil progress.
Coopers Technology College in Hawkswood Lane was pinpointed after a study on Department for Education data on all state-funded schools in England.
The analysis was carried out by education network SSAT, which has reported Coopers is in the top 20 per cent nationally for pupil advancement between Key Stage Two results and GCSE exams.
As a result SSAT will honour the technology college at its Educational Outcomes Awards 2014 in London next week (May 6).
The organisation’s chief executive Sue Williamson said: “Coopers School should be congratulated for their exceptional achievement.
“They have proved themselves to be leading the field in improving GCSE outcomes for their students.
“These results are testament to the commitment and hard work of the students, teachers and leadership team at Coopers School”.
- Woman arrested over alleged attempted abduction at Gravesend school
- Three youngsters raise hundreds with homemade lemonade in Keston
- 5 things to see and do in...Orpington
- Family-run Orpington furniture store to feature on Peter Andre's 60 Minute Makeover
- VIDEO: Cute 4-year-old girl fluffs nursery rhyme adorably - then gets it right for us