Delivery driver ordered to pay over £1000 for fly-tipping in Bromley supermarket car park (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Delivery driver ordered to pay over £1000 for fly-tipping in Bromley supermarket car park
A south-east London delivery driver has been ordered pay over £1000 for fly-tipping waste in a Bromley supermarket car park.
Colin Gliddon, from Streatham, was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay Bromley Council £1,088 after pleading guilty to one charge of fly-tipping at Bromley Magistrates' Court.
An investigation by the council’s public protection team found a large fly-tip of household waste in a secluded area of the car park at Tesco supermarket in Croydon Road, Beckenham.
Jim McGowan, head of environmental protection, said: "It is unacceptable that our borough is used as dumping ground as a result of this criminal behaviour.
"Officers from our team work tirelessly to bring these individuals to justice and we will continue to prosecute anyone we find committing such acts."
- UPDATE: Downham launderette fire sparked by folded clothes close to where man was airlifted to hospital after collision just hours before
- Dartford comedian Aaron Morris on a roll with 44,000 Twitter fans
- Hell-raising anarchist set to boycott On Blackheath Food Festival
- VIDEO: Annual Bexley gypsy parade draws more than 100 horse and carts
- Actor Paul Nicholas recalls working with Beckenham's David Bowie pre-fame
Comments are closed on this article.