A south-east London delivery driver has been ordered pay over £1000 for fly-tipping waste in a Bromley supermarket car park.
Colin Gliddon, from Streatham, was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay Bromley Council £1,088 after pleading guilty to one charge of fly-tipping at Bromley Magistrates' Court.
An investigation by the council’s public protection team found a large fly-tip of household waste in a secluded area of the car park at Tesco supermarket in Croydon Road, Beckenham.
Jim McGowan, head of environmental protection, said: "It is unacceptable that our borough is used as dumping ground as a result of this criminal behaviour.
"Officers from our team work tirelessly to bring these individuals to justice and we will continue to prosecute anyone we find committing such acts."
- Was your child given this? Product recall for Orpington's Santa grotto toys after safety fears
- Abbey Wood mum sentenced for being drunk in charge of small child
- Car collides with wall and lands on roof in Gravesend
- VIDEO: Merry Christmas message to seven-year-old Slade Green cancer sufferer
- Orpington man arrested after dawn drugs raid