A south-east London delivery driver has been ordered pay over £1000 for fly-tipping waste in a Bromley supermarket car park.
Colin Gliddon, from Streatham, was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay Bromley Council £1,088 after pleading guilty to one charge of fly-tipping at Bromley Magistrates' Court.
An investigation by the council’s public protection team found a large fly-tip of household waste in a secluded area of the car park at Tesco supermarket in Croydon Road, Beckenham.
Jim McGowan, head of environmental protection, said: "It is unacceptable that our borough is used as dumping ground as a result of this criminal behaviour.
"Officers from our team work tirelessly to bring these individuals to justice and we will continue to prosecute anyone we find committing such acts."
- Argos says DO NOT use these car seats due to child safety fears
- CUTE PETS: Just one week left in dogs' category - see all the 240+ photos so far here
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish