A south-east London delivery driver has been ordered pay over £1000 for fly-tipping waste in a Bromley supermarket car park.
Colin Gliddon, from Streatham, was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay Bromley Council £1,088 after pleading guilty to one charge of fly-tipping at Bromley Magistrates' Court.
An investigation by the council’s public protection team found a large fly-tip of household waste in a secluded area of the car park at Tesco supermarket in Croydon Road, Beckenham.
Jim McGowan, head of environmental protection, said: "It is unacceptable that our borough is used as dumping ground as a result of this criminal behaviour.
"Officers from our team work tirelessly to bring these individuals to justice and we will continue to prosecute anyone we find committing such acts."
- UPDATE: Sewer in Sidcup collapses closing Main Road for 10 days
- 'She must be avoided': Hilarious sign warns of Barnehurst's 'dumpy pervert'
- 'Brits are the best': Chef Atik is on a mission to find great British curry cooks
- Can you help? Woman, 60, has necklace 'snatched' from neck in Gravesend
- UPDATE: Man, 18, charged with assault after police officer trapped between car and van in Swanley