A south-east London delivery driver has been ordered pay over £1000 for fly-tipping waste in a Bromley supermarket car park.
Colin Gliddon, from Streatham, was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay Bromley Council £1,088 after pleading guilty to one charge of fly-tipping at Bromley Magistrates' Court.
An investigation by the council’s public protection team found a large fly-tip of household waste in a secluded area of the car park at Tesco supermarket in Croydon Road, Beckenham.
Jim McGowan, head of environmental protection, said: "It is unacceptable that our borough is used as dumping ground as a result of this criminal behaviour.
"Officers from our team work tirelessly to bring these individuals to justice and we will continue to prosecute anyone we find committing such acts."
- FREE parking in Bexley on Bank Holiday Monday
- APPEAL: Man missing from Orpington
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths