Stylish Kate Middleton has sparked a run on yellow dresses after she was spotted in a citrus tones on her tour of Australia and New Zealand with Prince William.
Sales have risen by 95 per cent on eBay since the Royal Couple’s 19-day tour down under.
Arriving in Sydney, the trendsetting future Queen wore a striking canary yellow pencil dress, despite cheekily being labelled a ‘banana’ by Wills.
Four days later, Kate was pictured in a pastel number on Easter Sunday at Taronga Zoo, at which point yellow dress sales almost doubled.
The Princess is not alone in her pursuit of the summery trend – Susanna Reid wore a lemon yellow frock on Good Morning Britain and Hollywood actress Emma Stone wore a full-length yellow gown to the premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
The website said sales of floral dresses are also up 94 per cent and green dresses are up 88 per cent after Kate was also spotted in them.
eBay’s Laura Wilkinson-Rea said: “The Duchess of Cambridge’s wardrobe undeniably affects what’s in when it comes to style-hunting on eBay, with sales consistently skyrocketing after she is photographed in the latest trend.”
- TOWIE star to host sexy pajama party at Bluewater tomorrow
- INTERVIEW: School's out for Bromley-bound Joey Essex
- What to expect when Forest Hill Fashion Week returns this month
- Alternative racing tips: A Place in the Sun presenter Laura Hamilton on dressing well at Ladies’ Day
- What's hot: Upgrade your wardrobe with these summer fashion tips