Stylish Kate Middleton has sparked a run on yellow dresses after she was spotted in a citrus tones on her tour of Australia and New Zealand with Prince William.
Sales have risen by 95 per cent on eBay since the Royal Couple’s 19-day tour down under.
Arriving in Sydney, the trendsetting future Queen wore a striking canary yellow pencil dress, despite cheekily being labelled a ‘banana’ by Wills.
Four days later, Kate was pictured in a pastel number on Easter Sunday at Taronga Zoo, at which point yellow dress sales almost doubled.
The Princess is not alone in her pursuit of the summery trend – Susanna Reid wore a lemon yellow frock on Good Morning Britain and Hollywood actress Emma Stone wore a full-length yellow gown to the premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
The website said sales of floral dresses are also up 94 per cent and green dresses are up 88 per cent after Kate was also spotted in them.
eBay’s Laura Wilkinson-Rea said: “The Duchess of Cambridge’s wardrobe undeniably affects what’s in when it comes to style-hunting on eBay, with sales consistently skyrocketing after she is photographed in the latest trend.”
- A stylish new you for 2015 – fashion tips from Bluewater’s expert stylists Miss Dress
- Top ten TV moments of 2014
- Christmas party fashion advice from Bluewater’s stylists Miss Dress
- Photofun: Share a picture of what you're wearing for Christmas Jumper Day
- VIDEO: Dress stylishly at any age by following Helen Mirren, Elle Macpherson and Amanda Holden’s examples