Students from Bromley and beyond get together for borough's Step into Dance event (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Ravens Wood School hosts third Step into Dance event in nine-part London series
Students from across Bromley and beyond came together for a dancing showcase yesterday (April 29).
Ravens Wood School, in Oakley Road, Keston, was hosting the third in a series of nine London Step into Dance events.
The programme is a partnership between the Royal Academy of Dance and The Jack Petchey Foundation and provides lessons to communities across the capital that may not see quality teaching.
The latest spectacle saw dancers aged between 11 and 18 get together to perform, with everything from contemporary pieces to street style numbers.
Lauren Ottewill, 16, has been taking classes with Step into Dance since September, and said: “I’d done dance before but not street dance. I really enjoy it now and it’s something I’d like to do more of.
“You feel like you can come out of your comfort zone and immerse yourself in something you wouldn’t necessarily have done before.”
The performance was watched closely by Step into Dance’s Sue Goodman as it was also an audition for annual finale Step LIVE! 2014, which takes place in July at Sadler’s Wells Theatre.
It enters News Shopper territory again on Friday May 9, at the Thomas Tallis School in Greenwich.
- UPDATE: Downham launderette fire sparked by folded clothes close to where man suffered serious injury in crash just hours before
- Catford bank employee who ran up £200k of debt gets book published
- South east London band RetroMuso serve up classic rock sound
- Fist-bumps are better than handshakes and high-fives, say scientists
- Police hunt for witnesses to fight at Sidcup pub
Comments are closed on this article.