A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- Woman 'attempted to snatch' young girl at Bluewater shopping centre
- Millwall manager Ian Holloway recognised for fight against racism
- VIDEO: Greenwich man said to have spoken to Jesus claims he has healing powers
- Gravesend man stabbed to death by son in frenzied attack, inquest hears
- Slade Green library to close for two weeks