Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Pensioner hit by car in Welling
A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- VIDEO: Thamesmead schoolgirl arrives at year six prom in gypsy horse and cart
- From Larner Road to Erith Park - construction full speed ahead at new estate
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- Saturday Kitchen's Susy Atkins talks summer food and wine at Chapters, Blackheath
- UPDATE: Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley
Comments are closed on this article.