Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bromley sea cadet impresses in Somerset so is set for South Africa
A Bromley sea cadet is off to South Africa after being named a national finalist in the Duke of Westminster competition.
Elise Guilliemot, 17, of T.S. Narvik Sea Cadets, is one of nine picked from an initial 400 to spend three weeks in the distant land.
After impressing in the regional finals, a four-day selection event in Somerset’s Quantock Hills, Elise will now take part in environmental and social projects overseas.
She said: "I love humanitarian work and want to experience a very different culture and the amazing wildlife in South Africa".
The CVQO Duke of Westminster Award aims to find the very best cadets across the United Kingdom.
The overall winner for 2014 will be announced at the House of Lords in June.
- Top 10 Dr Who in south east London and north Kent facts
- Famous Crystal Palace, Charlton and Millwall fans: The starting XI
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
Comments are closed on this article.