A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham