A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Ghost-myth-busters: 'Hoaxes and mistakes' explain sightings says professor - do you agree?
- Stat Chat: We are becoming a nation of time-shifted telly addicts
- Pet of the day: Poppy’s got bags of life
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections