A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Can you help Bexley police find these suspected criminals?
- Off the road: 'Catastrophe' averted as fraudster who took other people's driving tests is jailed
- Police 'increasingly concerned' for well-being of teenager missing from home for nearly a month
- Police officer killed in Westminster terror attack died despite wearing body armour
- Pregnant woman subjected to 'threatening and disgusting abuse' on Southern train