A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- UPDATE: Eight mile queues on M25 after police rescue man from Dartford bridge
- Greenwich Theatre sets itself for bold new era - plus what's on in its new season
- ‘I thought I was mad’: Woman's shock after seeing rooster on M25 at Swanley
- TRAVEL: Hither Green Lane blocked after crash
- Serious crash closes road in Eltham