A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Pet of the Day: Elvis is much more than just a hound dog
- The big bang: The wonderful ways Kent reacted
- Belvedere community comes together for celebration of black history month
- Bromley burglar jailed for two years after crime spree
- Remembrance events in Lewisham, Brockley, Eltham, Plumstead, Abbey Wood and Charlton