A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Strictly Come Dancing live tour announced featuring Greenwich shows
- Teenager re-bailed in alleged Abbey Wood hit-and-run death probe
- West Wickham Operatic Society bags seven international awards
- Orpington High Street to close for Cycle Mania fun day
- Stat Chat: Is sense of adventure a sexy quality?