A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night fight in Dartford
- Sidcup man who heard voices and believed he had superpowers jumped in front of train, inquest hears
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Bexley police are hunting these six suspected criminals
- UPDATE: Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- APPEAL: Man wanted for 'serious assault' in Sidcup