Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham man on roof for 28 hours: Suspect appears in court via video link
A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Ban for driver who took off while being given a speeding ticket
- Man jailed for stealing police car on Crayford night out
- Huge fly-tipping sites in Ladywell uncovered
- FEATURE: A day in the life of a pest control officer
- Man who sexually assaulted sleeping woman on West Wickham train avoids jail