A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Motorists can now challenge parking tickets for £5
- Bromley storms into Top 50 best places to live in UK
- Bumper day for seals in Dartford
- Biggin Hill school raises cash for charity through festive jumper day
- Staff, students and rotarians in series of Erith charity walks