A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Headteacher 'sacked for bringing sex offender Stuart Kerner to school'
- 'You are going to do something you regret': Girlfriend's words to boyfriend before he 'ordered revenge attack' on Ben Fasina
- 5 Thoughts for the weekend, from a man's perspective
- Investigation launched after woman dragged under West Wickham train leaving her with 'life changing' injuries
- Motorcyclist 'thrown 15 metres into the air' in St Mary Cray crash