A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (October 25 and 26)
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Queues at re-opened Dartford Tunnel following five-vehicle M25 crash