A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- 16-year-old in 'stable condition' after being hit by car and bus in Plumstead
- Woolwich pub 'stabbing' was a fight, police say
- Duo arrested at Bromley South for racially abusing staff
- UPDATE: Cyclist receives 'serious head injury' after crash in Greenwich Park
- Limited edition Marvel Avengers artwork goes on display at Bluewater