A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Neglected horses rescued in Sidcup due to 'immediate concerns for their welfare'
- Rail fare hike arrives on time unlike many trains
- Southern rail passengers compensated four weeks' travel over operator's 'poor performance'
- Advice to 'drink plenty of water' when you’re unwell could actually be bad for you, doctors warn
- Lewisham borough worst for education in London