A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- JAILED: TV actor and 'dangerous sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party
- Teenager in critical condition after Grove Park stabbing
- Lewisham boy denies attacking police dog who was repeatedly stabbed while chasing suspect
- Sadomasochist accused of murdering Greenhithe PC thought he was 'getting away with it' by disposing of body
- Eltham teacher becomes star of TV ad campaign