Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham man on roof for 28 hours: Suspect appears in court via video link
A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- BMW falls off tow truck and hits line of parked cars in Welling
- Rapper Professor Green discusses his new album and why Lewisham police are 'silly sods'
- Mottingham to host first major event as part of £1million community funding
- UPDATE: Woolwich crash leaves van on roof
- Thamesmead in Bloom shows residents at their green-fingered best