A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Bromley fight sees police seize rocket launcher, machine gun and assault rifle
- Biggin Hill Airport celebrates after landmark ruling
- Four men deny involvement in Thamesmead murder
- PubSpy reviews The Harvest Moon, Orpington
- MAPPED: 9 of the best fish and chip shops in south east London and north Kent