A Lewisham man appeared in court today (April 29) accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road, appeared at Woolwich Crown Court, via video link from Belmarsh Prison, charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man climbed across around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
Carty was remanded in custody until his next court date on June 24.
- Child describes moment bikers shot man twice outside park in Downham
- UPDATE: Pensioner who died 'whilst having a fag' outside Lewisham Wetherspoons named locally
- UPDATE: Armed police called to gunshot reports in Abbey Wood
- 'She had to take medication 28 times a day': Six Bromley sisters reunite to raise funds for niece with cystic fibrosis
- Downham Way reopens after crash