A new scheme to help parents in low-paid, part-time jobs find better pay is being rolled out across Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
The aim is to help skilled mums and dads get into better paid part-time work with hours which still fit around a family.
There are 100 places up for grabs on the Department for Work and Pensions-backed scheme by Women Like Us which runs until June next year.
Women Like Us’ co-founder Emma Stewart said: “At present, too many skilled parents are in part time jobs that don’t pay enough.
“This brand new pilot will enable mothers and fathers to find new jobs that are still part time, but better quality and better paid, and a match for their skills.”
To find out more call Antoinette on 0207 633 4562 or visit womenlikeus.org.uk
- Man dies after collapsing and being handcuffed by police in Welling
- Storm Dorris closes Queen Elizabeth II Bridge as 70mph wind and heavy rain forecast
- Plumstead man who admitted one-punch manslaughter of banker cleared of murder
- Sex survey shows how much action south London couples are getting each month
- Travel chaos expected as Storm Doris roars towards south London, north Kent and north Surrey