Scheme helps parents get into better paid jobs in Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Scheme helps parents get into better paid jobs in Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley
A new scheme to help parents in low-paid, part-time jobs find better pay is being rolled out across Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
The aim is to help skilled mums and dads get into better paid part-time work with hours which still fit around a family.
There are 100 places up for grabs on the Department for Work and Pensions-backed scheme by Women Like Us which runs until June next year.
Women Like Us’ co-founder Emma Stewart said: “At present, too many skilled parents are in part time jobs that don’t pay enough.
“This brand new pilot will enable mothers and fathers to find new jobs that are still part time, but better quality and better paid, and a match for their skills.”
To find out more call Antoinette on 0207 633 4562 or visit womenlikeus.org.uk
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Firefighters tackle field blaze in Dartford
- Erith teenager Kyle Rich had taken ecstasy before lorry death
- Catford bank employee who ran up £200k of debt gets book published
- South east London band RetroMuso serve up classic rock sound
Comments are closed on this article.