Budding journalists at a Lewisham college have launched a student newspaper which claims to be the first of its kind in London.
Students at LeSoCo – a recent merger between Southwark and Lewisham Colleges – have written and created the quarterly newspaper which covers stories from food banks and funding cuts, to fashion and film reviews.
The LeSoCo Times was unveiled on Thursday (April 24) by student writers, tutors and sponsor Michael Buckmaster-Brown, founder of Emblem publishing.
Principal and CEO of LeSoCo Maxine Room said: “LeSoCo is about creating experiences for students; not just giving them qualifications.
“The students who have been a part of the creation of this newspaper, the first FE newspaper in London if not in the UK, have had their horizons broadened.
“They’ve had to be entrepreneurial, creative and imaginative to make this project happen.”
To find out more visit lesoco.ac.uk
- Teenage pilot on solo flight around the world touches down at Biggin Hill Airport
- Live news, weather and travel from north Kent and south east London on July 28
- Lloyds Bank to close 200 branches and cut 3,000 jobs after Brexit fallout
- Appeal for missing teenager last seen in Bexleyheath
- WEATHER: Warm but cloudy as rain showers look set to arrive