Budding journalists at a Lewisham college have launched a student newspaper which claims to be the first of its kind in London.
Students at LeSoCo – a recent merger between Southwark and Lewisham Colleges – have written and created the quarterly newspaper which covers stories from food banks and funding cuts, to fashion and film reviews.
The LeSoCo Times was unveiled on Thursday (April 24) by student writers, tutors and sponsor Michael Buckmaster-Brown, founder of Emblem publishing.
Principal and CEO of LeSoCo Maxine Room said: “LeSoCo is about creating experiences for students; not just giving them qualifications.
“The students who have been a part of the creation of this newspaper, the first FE newspaper in London if not in the UK, have had their horizons broadened.
“They’ve had to be entrepreneurial, creative and imaginative to make this project happen.”
To find out more visit lesoco.ac.uk
- Police concern for missing Beckenham man, David Hopkins
- Five differences between the north and south - by a real northerner
- Missing teen Keiarni Hamilton-Hughes, 16, has links with Eltham
- Welling X Factor hopeful, Charlie Jones, urges fans to 'vote for Stereo Kicks' in Movie Week
- Work begins on Swanley Gateway