Budding journalists at a Lewisham college have launched a student newspaper which claims to be the first of its kind in London.
Students at LeSoCo – a recent merger between Southwark and Lewisham Colleges – have written and created the quarterly newspaper which covers stories from food banks and funding cuts, to fashion and film reviews.
The LeSoCo Times was unveiled on Thursday (April 24) by student writers, tutors and sponsor Michael Buckmaster-Brown, founder of Emblem publishing.
Principal and CEO of LeSoCo Maxine Room said: “LeSoCo is about creating experiences for students; not just giving them qualifications.
“The students who have been a part of the creation of this newspaper, the first FE newspaper in London if not in the UK, have had their horizons broadened.
“They’ve had to be entrepreneurial, creative and imaginative to make this project happen.”
To find out more visit lesoco.ac.uk
- 16-year-old in 'stable condition' after being hit by car and bus in Plumstead
- Woolwich pub 'stabbing' was a fight, police say
- Duo arrested at Bromley South for racially abusing staff
- UPDATE: Cyclist receives 'serious head injury' after crash in Greenwich Park
- Limited edition Marvel Avengers artwork goes on display at Bluewater