A man has apologised for an offensive tweet that followed the death of a woman hit by a train in Petts Wood on Wednesday.
News Shopper reported yesterday a series of offensive Twitter and Facebook responses had been posted after the incident, which happened at Petts Wood station just before 11am.
Sam Chadney was one of those people, and said on Twitter: "Big thanks to the a***hole jumping in front of the train in Petts Wood."
The 21-year-old spoke to News Shopper this morning to apologise for his words.
He said: "I can only say I am young and it was a bit naive.
"That day was my birthday and I had something special planned and it was a bit scuppered but I shouldn't have done it.
"I don't know this woman personally and I am very sorry if I caused offence to her family and friends.
"There was no offence intended."
- Happy birthday to us! 50 fabulous years of News Shopper
- Boost from Jack Petchey nomination sees Erith teenager start competitive Irish dancing
- UPDATE: 32-year-old Plumstead man killed in M20 crash near Wrotham
- VIDEO: Some West Wickham residents REALLY don't want a KFC drive-thru
- Boccia glory for Bexley youngsters at London Youth Games