A Downham woman who punched a 75-year-old woman after she stopped her car to let her cross the road has been ordered to undergo mental health treatment.
Michelle Harper, 25, of Fieldside Road, was ordered to undergo a 12-month mental health treatment order and required to pay a victim surcharge of £60 at Bromley Magistrates’ Court.
Harper had previously pleaded guilty to common assault following the unprovoked attack in Highland Road, Bromley, on November 5 last year.
Harper punched the pensioner a number of times through the open car window, opened the car door, grabbed the car keys and flung them across the road.
The victim was treated for a cut eye and lip and swelling to her face.
Harper was arrested a short while later after being tracked by CCTV to Bromley town centre.
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham